Hello there! We are already at the end of the first month of 2016 and I feel like this month has been one of the best I’ve had for a while and there’s just been this buzz of excitement for most of it. I feel like so much has happened already this year and if everything continues at this pace, it’s going to be a jam-packed 2016. I decided to keep my monthly favourites feature as I enjoy reading them and I love sharing what I’ve been loving for the past four weeks.
1. Real Techniques Shading Brush – I mentioned the Real Techniques Blush Brush in my 2015 December Favourites but this month I’ve been loving using the Shading Brush with all my eyeshadows. This brush is quite small in size so you may not love it as much as I do if your eyes are on the larger side but for me it is the perfect size. I use this brush to create my whole eye look and find it picks up each colour nicely without blending away what I’ve applied already. The bristles are super soft and wash up really well. Don’t hesitate to give this little brush a go!
2. MAC Ruby Woo and All Fired Up – I got these two shades for Christmas and I have been debating whether or not they deserve their own post dedicated to how beautiful they are. If that’s something you’d like to see just give me a shout! I won’t talk about them too much but Ruby Woo and All Fired Up are bright, bold colours and both have a Retro Matte finish. I have worn each shade a handful of times now and they look so good, I haven’t found the formula to be as drying as I thought it could be either.
3. Filofax – Ahhh, my gorgeous hot pink Filofax in ‘Domino.’ I have had this beauty coming up two years now and I still love it! I decided to include it in my favourites this month as I got new diary inserts for 2016 and I have been really good at using them and writing down what I’ve got to do or what I’ve got coming up. The beauty of a Filofax is how personal they are, you don’t need to buy a new diary every year, just the inserts. The inserts come in a range of options and no one said anything about a Filofax having to be used as a diary. *wink*
4. TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray – Shortly after I purchased my hair straightener I purchased this heat protection spray. I am currently using the TRESemmé Salon Silk shampoo and conditioner and this product works in conjunction with that. This spray is so easy to use and I notice such a difference in my hair. I normally section my hair and use 2-3 sprays on each section combing it through with my fingers or a brush. As a result my hair feels silky smooth and looks healthy and shiny. The scent of this spray is pretty pleasant as well.
5. Yoga Camp – Last year I discovered Yoga With Adriene‘s 30 Days of Yoga videos on YouTube and that month of yoga turned out to be one of my highlights for 2015. I didn’t actually know about Yoga Camp until Jodi (A Brash Attitude) commented on one of my posts. I started a few days behind but once again I am loving doing yoga – it’s so calming and makes you feel good and less stressed.
January’s Spotify Playlist:
For January’s monthly playlist I’ve included the 21 Songs In 21 Years playlist which I created for my birthday. It features a song from each year I’ve been alive so check it out to see what tracks have made the cut and defined my life!