I can’t believe this is my last monthly favourites for 2015 and in a few days it will be 2016! I have some really exciting things to share with you this month including a few new discoveries and a couple of beauty products I’ve had for a while but really taken advantage of in December. I will also be doing a Yearly Favourites post which goes up tomorrow and compiles all the best products and highlights from 2015.
1. Philips Moisture Protect Hair Straightener – If you saw yesterday’s post, What I Got For Christmas, you’ll know I purchased this hair straightener earlier in the month as a present to myself. I absolutely love the rose gold and white and how quick and easy this straightens my hair. I got a really good deal on this straightener; originally it was $239.99 and the day I got it I paid $109.99.
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107 – This is about the third post this lipstick has featured in this month so I will keep things brief. I wanted to include this lipstick for the simple fact I used it in my Christmas Makeup Menu.
3. Dainty Doll Powder Blush in 001 Hippy Shake – I have had this blush for over a year now and I still haven’t gotten over how beautiful it is. Hippy Shake is a pale lilac colour designed for very fair skin tones. I have also read about bloggers with darker skin tones who have used this shade as a highlighter. When applied this blush gives a nice, subtle glow to my skin and it’s hard to go overboard with this colour. The formula is also amazing, it’s not too powdery and is so easy to apply whether you’re using your fingers or a brush.
4. Real Techniques Blush Brush – The blush brush is one of four Real Techniques brushes I purchased last month and mentioned in my HUGE Me Spree. After using all of the brushes for the past few weeks, I think this is my favourite. The bristles are especially soft and despite the size of the head I like how this applies product. I have been using it with the Dainty Doll blush mentioned above and it is a winning combination!
5. The Body Shop Shea Hand Cream – The Body Shop’s Almond Hand & Nail cream featured in my October Favourites but I love this shea one even more! The packaging feels slightly more robust and less likely to split or break. I like how quickly this hand cream soaks in too. I’ve been applying this at night before bed and my hands feel nice and soft when I wake up in the morning.
6. Marcus Butler – Over the past 6-8 months I have been getting into different vloggers on YouTube. Lily Pebbles is my absolute favourite but this month I discovered Marcus Butler. I saw Marcus in one of Jim Chapman’s videos and instantly started browsing through his channel. I really like the content Marcus uploads, there’s funny videos, challenges, collabs and daily vlogs. His videos are entertaining and so easy to watch. Click here to be taken to Marcus’ YouTube Channel.
December Spotify Playlist – #KylieChristmas
There haven’t been any new tracks I’ve had on repeat in December so I’ve decided to share the #KylieChristmas playlist I made for a competition. I’m not a huge fan of Christmas music but I really enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit with this playlist. If you’re still feeling festive, take a listen!
That’s all for this month, be sure to let me know what you’ve been loving! ❤