Hi everyone! It’s been three weeks since my last post and in all honesty I have enjoyed not posting. It’s been one less worry on my mind and one less thing I have to think about. I am back with my May Favourites and I’ve got a few posts lined up for the next week or two. I’m still very emotional after the breakup and some days are better than others. I also got sick this month which is probably due to my emotional state and feeling rundown.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Chi Chi Opalescent Glow Unicorns & Mermaids Highlighter Palette – It was actually my mum who spotted this palette and convinced me to buy it! The palette contains six, duochrome cream highlighters (white-pink, pink-purple, purple-blue, champagne, blue-green and yellow-green). They glide on and give a beautiful dewy glow. The pigmentation is good and these are definitely buildable, the fact they are cream is less intimidating than if they were powder. I personally like cream products and they work well on my dry skin.
A closer look at the shades in the palette.
2. Kmart Jacquard Fleece Gown – Dressing gowns are not the easiest garments to buy but I’ve been loving this one I picked up on my first trip to Kmart. The material is soft and cuddly and I like the grey colour and pink star pattern. This has been keeping me warm and I will be reaching for it constantly over winter.
3. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – I have used Simple face moisturiser for a number of years and was curious to see how something else would perform and compare. I’m very cautious about facial moisturisers, parts of my face are dry/sensitive and other parts aren’t. I have heard good things about Olay and the fact this is for sensitive skin and contains SPF drew me in. This contains Vitamins C, E and B3, has a light, non-greasy formula and is non-comedogenic meaning it won’t clog pores. I have used this for a couple of weeks now and upon first impressions my face feels more moistursied and the moisture lasts for a longer amount of time. I’m really happy and hope this continues to work wonders.
4. Body Fleur Sugar Petals Body Lotion – I have had this body lotion for two years and have used it off and on in that time. I used to think my skin reacted with it but I now realise it was a heat rash as I’d often apply this in summer. The scent of this is absolutely delightful, a mixture of fruits, flowers and shea butter. This also contains aloe vera and leaves the skin feeling very soft. The scent lingers all day and if there was a perfume with this scent I would wear it everyday! The lotion itself is a light purple colour which is neat.
5. Sorbent Velvet Tissues – I got six packets of these tissues as a joke present from my mum for my birthday back in January. With being sick and all the crying I’ve been doing over the past month they have been really useful. The tissues are so soft and thicker than most other tissues that come in packs like this.
May’s Spotify Playlist:
What were your favourite things in May?