April has been a decent month. The weather is starting to cool down and the temperature is dropping gradually which is nice, I’ve had time off from work, I’ve been reading a fair bit and I’ve acquired some new beauty bits which I’ve been happily trying out. I’ve also been eyeing up more Zoeva makeup brushes after purchasing the 104 Buffer Brush. Ideally I’d like a pencil brush or something of a similar size to apply eyeshadow in the outer V and under my lower lash line.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Colourpop Sol Palette – I can already tell this is going to be one of my most used eyeshadow palettes. Every time I reach for it I get excited to use it! The shades are versatile and the orange tones suit my fair skin more than I thought they would. The mattes aren’t patchy and can be built up easily. The shimmers glisten and are equally as pigmented if not more than the mattes. The palette is compact and lightweight and I’m so happy I picked it up!
2. Colourpop Slave2Pink Super Shock Shadow – The last predictable favourite for the month and then I promise I’ll stop going on about my first foray into Colourpop! Basically the story behind this eyeshadow is I wanted to try this colour on my eyes. Fuchsia is my favourite lipstick colour and I wanted to experiment with the colour on another part of my face and see what the hype around the Super Shock Shadows is all about. The formula of this is super smooth and the pigment is like no other.
3. Britney Spears Prerogative EDP – I purchased this perfume blindly a few days after Christmas 2018 and I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s possibly my favourite of Britney’s that I’ve tried to date. The bottle is adorable (I have the 30ml) and I’d happily purchase this scent in a larger size. The scent isn’t the longest lasting but it’s very pleasant. The scent is unisex and isn’t designed specifically for women, I like that the notes aren’t all traditional and differ from my other perfumes. Prerogative reminds me slightly of The Body Shop’s Black Musk due to the pink pepper but this is nicer.
4. Glassons Tie Waist Crop Pant – I bought these pants in March and I had been searching for a pair like this for a long time. The pants have wide legs (perfect for a curvy girl like me) and a paper bag waist that doesn’t accentuate my tummy when I tuck tops in. Tops really do have to be worn tucked in to these to a) show off the waist detailing and b) stop the top bunching and bulging around the bow. The best part about these pants is because they are cropped they are the perfect full length on me without being too long. They are seriously comfortable too.
- Found a tube of my favourite mascara from Rimmel that has been discontinued here in NZ.
- One of my work mates bought me back an Essence lipgloss from her trip to the Philippines. I hadn’t tried anything from Essence before and this gloss is lovely.
- Had my first proper time off work since October 2018.
- Bought discount Easter eggs after Easter; Lindt bunnies, Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs.
April’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!