Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- For morning tea last Friday I had a latte and a piece of caramel slice, we have a coffee cart in the library. The coffee was free as it was prepaid by a customer but I found the coffee strong, even with sugar. The caramel slice was delicious!
- THIS VIDEO is the cutest! Alfie surprises his girlfriend with fireworks as they haven’t been able to celebrate November 5th for the past couple of years and he knows fireworks are one of her favourite things.
- On Saturday it was the staff Christmas party and one of the team leaders offered her house as the location. I was so close to not going as I couldn’t find anything to wear and had a panic attack right before I needed to leave and was worried I was ruining my makeup through the tears but I soldiered on. I went with four others I work with and it was a pot luck dinner meaning everyone bought along a plate of food. I took sausage rolls as they’re always a crowd favourite and all the food was delicious – I even got to bring some leftovers home!
- During the Christmas party we were playing a trivia game and I got roped in to being part of the team going to a library quiz the following day. The quiz was a lot of fun but because there were only a small number of people, we got split into pairs. My quiz partner and I came third.
- On Monday one of my work tasks was to pick up gift vouchers from a bookshop and I saw an array of Bullet Journals. I briefly stopped to look at them and fell in love with the bronze colour. I’ve still got plenty of pages left in my current journal so won’t be needing one for a while.
- On Tuesday a pair of shoes I ordered online arrived. I ordered a size 5 after ordering a size 6 the previous week to compare which fitted better. I ended up sticking with the size 6 so I went to the post office to return the other pair on Friday after work. The shoes I ordered will feature in Monday’s post.
- Mum bought some apple turnovers at the supermarket as a treat and they were SO GOOD!
- I wore Patina by Stila for the first time on Wednesday and got a few comments. I feel like the shade shows up darker on me than it’s described but it’s still nice.
- I collected a bunch of flowers on Wednesday morning for a work colleague as it was her 30th anniversary of working at the library. The flowers were gorgeous.
- I nearly fell asleep during my lunch break on Thursday. I was reading my book and just about nodded off. I’ve been extra tired this week.
- I locked in a place for the staff Christmas breakfast in a couple of weeks. It will be a buffet breakfast with continental and hot selections and everyone is really looking forward to it. I am proud of myself for organising it and how it’s coming together.
- I do feel like I’m neglecting Instagram a little lately but I don’t like to post for the sake of it. I haven’t had a lot to share.
- I’m aware this week seems to have been very work related but there has been rain every day and I haven’t been doing much.
What I’ve been listening to:
Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next – This song wasn’t love at first listen but the more I hear it and listen to the lyrics I like it. Ariana’s voice is so pretty, if you know what I mean. I’d love to open my mouth and be able to belt like that.
How was your week?