Black Friday shopping is becoming more popular in New Zealand and while a lot of brands and stores have good deals I didn’t actively go seeking anything out. The weekend before Black Friday I’d gone shopping and the products I ended up buying during the Black Friday sales were impromptu purchases. Earlier in the day I commented on an Instagram post saying I hadn’t caved and bought anything… I tempted fate. Let’s get on with the haul!
Starting with The Iconic:
1. Alexis Fluffy Knit – I already know jumpers are one of my weaknesses but fluffy jumpers I love even more! This white jumper is super soft, has long blouson sleeves and doesn’t feel heavy. I do think I could have got away with sizing down as it is a relaxed fit, especially around the neck, but having it slightly bigger allows me to tuck it in or wear layers underneath.
2. Missguided Chunky Sole Trainers – The Spice Girls are back and so are chunky trainers! I saw a friend post a picture of trainers similar to these and instantly fell in love. These will look nice with jeans and the metallic silver detailing breaks up the white. I originally ordered a UK size 6 but also ordered a size 5 to see which was the better fit. I kept the 6 as there is more room around the toes. Because these are white I don’t think I’ll wear them all the time, I want to keep them clean.
3. Radiant Glow Highlighting Powder – Lucent – I purchased the pink, champagne shade, Aurora, a few months ago and I’ve been loving it; I knew I wanted to pick up Lucent as well. Lucent is a glowing, sandy golden shade and the more pigmented of the two, but both suit any makeup look. The powders are soft, easy to blend and can be built up if you want a more intense highlight. These also double as all over face powders to give your skin a natural radiance.
4. Detail Face Brush – I picked up this brush because it will be perfect to use with the xoBeauty highlighters as well as my others. This brush lets you pinpoint exactly where you want to highlight. The bristles are lovely and soft and I see myself reaching for this brush often. It reminds me of the Setting Brush from Real Techniques, a small, fluffy, multi-purpose brush.
5. Philocaly Lipstick – This lipstick is one of xoBeauty’s best-selling products and I can see why! It is in a similar vein to Brave by MAC – a mauve toned down pink – with less of a satin formula. The lipsticks all have a creme brulee scent which doesn’t linger if you don’t like scented lip products. This shade also looks pretty with a light pink gloss dabbed over the top to make lips look fuller and less matte.
6. Kairos Lipstick – I have eyed this shade up a few times when I have browsed the website and I finally took the plunge and added it to my cart. Kairos is described as a medium, muted peachy-pink but it looks like a bright coral on me. I like the colour and it will be fun for summer, I’m excited to experiment with toning down the boldness and wearing this shade muted. xoBeauty has a similar liquid lipstick shade called Nam Jai which is more pink and one I can see myself picking up in the future. The liquid lipstick formula is creamy, comfortable to wear and doesn’t dry completely matte.
Leave a comment with what you picked up in the Black Friday sales!