April has been a month of two halves, the first half was stressful with my mum getting sick and being admitted to hospital again and the second half I had 11 days off work and felt like I had to catch up and recover from the first half of the month. The week my mum was in hospital I pretty much ran on adrenaline and it wasn’t until afterwards I noticed the toll it had taken on me. I don’t know if this is as a result of that but recently I’ve fallen out of love with blogging a little bit, I haven’t felt motivated to write or post often and I want my blog to be the best I can make it be. I don’t want to stop blogging but for the next wee while posts are likely to be scarce. I’m still very active on Instagram and reading/commenting on other blogs so I won’t disappear entirely.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – At the beginning of the month I opened a new mascara and chose to go with Roller Lash from Benefit. I have heard so many good things about this mascara and I’m glad to say it hasn’t disappointed. The first time I used it I noticed the formula was a good mix between dry and wet and the product doesn’t smudge. It definitely gave length with the first use and the more I use it the more I like it. Now that it’s been open for a couple of weeks I notice the volume it gives as well and a second coat builds on the lashes really nicely. This does give a natural, fluttery curl too which looks lovely.
2. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Champagne Pop – I have used this as a highlighter on top of foundation and it is quite a natural looking glow compared to the powder form of Champagne Pop. I have been loving using this under my foundation instead of a primer. I have been dotting it on my face along with foundation and blending both products in together. It gives such a beautiful, healthy finish to the skin and works well with MAC’s Studio Fix Foundation in particular. I have now finished that foundation so I’m hoping it works just as well under others.
3. Nescafé Scorched Almond Mocha – I have mentioned before I’m not a big coffee drinker but now and again I purchase some sachets from the supermarket. I love Nestlé’s scorched almond chocolates so when I saw they had that flavour in coffee form I was curious to give it a try. I like the balance of chocolate and the slight nutty element, there is sweetness and it isn’t bitter. There are 10 sachets in a box and I have had over half of these already.
- I feel like I have made so many online orders this month but I’m also equally excited for everything to arrive.
- I had some time off work and while I didn’t feel as productive as I would have liked it was nice just to potter around and do what I like when I felt like it.
- I’ve also been using the exercycle again so hopefully I can keep this up when I return to work.
April’s Spotify Playlist:
(P.S. it annoys me that Spotify have changed their share playlist feature – I don’t know how to align the playlist in the centre anymore. If anyone knows how to do it with HTML please let me know).
Share one of your highlights for the month and what you’ve been up to in the comments!