We are already one month of 2021 down, hope you’re doing okay! January is a time I enjoy as I feel it’s a good chance to take stock of the previous year and reset and put things in place for the year to come. January is also my birthday month. I have treated myself to a few goodies for my birthday but would like to keep spending to a minimum for the rest of the year. I plan on doing a separate post dedicated to my birthday and will share what I treated myself to in that.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Pixi Rose Oil Blend – I received this facial oil in a package from a blogging friend who sourced two MAC lipsticks for me. The timing couldn’t have been better as I had been without a facial oil in my collection for a little while and I enjoy the benefits they have on my skin. Rose is a lovely ingredient for the skin and I do like how this makes my skin feel when I use it. During summer my skin still gets dry so when I need more nourishment I have reached for this. The one negative is you can’t see how much product is left in the bottle but it’s easy to get past that.
2. Maybelline Face Studio Pore Minimising Primer – This reminds me a little bit of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer in that they both have a slightly slippery texture. My dry skin doesn’t mind that and foundation applies and blends out easily over the top as a result. If you are oily skinned I’m not sure you’d like this as much but it’s one to keep in mind if you’d like to try a cheaper alternative to the Hourglass primer. This doesn’t erase my pores but it does blur them so they don’t look as noticeable and makes makeup look smoother overall.
3. Silver heart pendant necklace – My boyfriend bought me this necklace for Christmas and it’s so cute! I love simple, elegant pieces of jewellery and this fits the bill. The heart sits on an angle which is also cute and the necklace is a lovely length, I find some necklaces don’t sit right and I’m less likely to wear them if that’s the case. Jewellery is a very personal gift but he did such a good job picking this out and I’ve been wearing it a lot.
4. Leuchtturm 1917 journal in Berry – My previous bullet journal lasted three years but towards the end of 2020 I knew there wouldn’t be enough pages left for another year. I enjoy the Leuchtturm 1917 dotted pages and knew I wanted another journal the same, it was just a case of choosing a colour. I almost picked a bright yellow to represent happiness and positivity but then I saw this gorgeous berry pink which reminds me of my favourite lipstick shade. I have loved getting my creative juices flowing again and setting up spreads throughout the month. When I journal I feel more calm and like there’s less clutter in my mind.
- Getting to set up my new bullet journal.
- Decided on the first 10 products for Project Pan and made a list of backups to rotate in as I finish products up.
- Enjoyed an evening treewalk with lights with my boyfriend on my birthday.
January’s Spotify Playlist:
Share one of your highlights for the month and what you’ve been up to in the comments!