November has been a really happy month overall. I still have the odd day I feel anxious or stressed or down but I’ve also had a good reason to feel happy and keep picking myself back up. I have been seeing a guy for a little while now and last week we made it Facebook official. Before announcing anything he met my mum and I met his family. We’re still in the getting to know each other phase but we enjoy each other’s company and we’re always joking around and laughing. He’s super sweet and supportive and honestly after the year I’ve had I’m pinching myself that this has happened.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. NESCAFÉ Cookies and Cream Latte – You might know I’m not a big coffee drinker and I certainly don’t need it to function but I have tried a few different flavours of NESCAFÉ’s latte sachets over the years and found a couple I like. I tend to prefer sweeter, milky coffees where the coffee taste is less prominent. The cookies and cream latte tastes very similar to the vanilla latte which is the nicest flavour I’ve tried. I will happily devour the rest of these sachets over the next month or so.
2. Nike Swoosh Hoodie in Barely Grape/Iced Lilac – After my tonsillectomy I was looking online and wanted some good quality, comfy sweatpants. I stumbled upon a pair from Nike and also saw this gorgeous purple hoodie at the same time. The hoodie is designed to be oversized, I purchased a medium and it’s a nice fit; hugs in the right places but still has room to move. The material is lightweight but warm and I love how this looks on, I’ve already worn it a lot since it arrived.
3. Urban Decay Naked2 Palette – I am so happy I purchased this palette! These kinds of shades are my favourite, they go with any look and the shimmers in this palette are stunning. If you’ve got a ton of neutral palettes you don’t need this but I’ve loved reaching for this palette every time I’ve worn makeup in November. I don’t mind that there are a lot more shimmer shades than mattes as the matte shades that are included are everyday staple shades that you don’t need multiples of in a palette. I’m planning to write a round up of all the palettes I’ve rotated through this year but I already know this is one of my favourites overall.
4. Maybelline Master Primer Pore Minimising – I have tried a number of different face primers this year and this is such a good one! About two months ago I finished the Hydrating primer from Maybelline and that was pleasant to use as well. I do think when I wear this primer my pores seem less noticeable and my base makeup looks more flawless. Before reading reviews and committing to purchasing this primer I was under the impression it would be a matte texture and feel drying on my skin but it’s the opposite; the texture is incredibly smooth and soft. A little goes a long way, it has more slip than the Hydrating primer from Maybelline but I don’t mind that.
- Kylie Minogue and Steps released new albums!
- Halo turned 3.
- I got a haircut for the first time in 9 months.
November’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!