February has been the strangest month I’ve had for a while. The first half I was upbeat and the second felt like everything came crashing down. At the time this post is published it’s been about 10 days since my boyfriend broke up with me. It feels like I only just told people I was in a relationship again. To say the break up wasn’t expected is an understatement, two weeks before the break up we had such a lovely night together and we spent Valentine’s Day in each other’s company. I don’t know what changed and maybe I never will but after sharing THIS photo and caption on Instagram everyone online and in person has been so kind and supportive. I didn’t like the decision and I can’t change it but I know I’ll be okay and I genuinely wish him happiness.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Silver stardust 15mm hoop earrings – These earrings were a gift for my birthday in January and they are beautiful. They are lightweight and dainty with a bit of an edge at the same time. The ball on the hoop is textured and designed to have a star dust effect. I love how pretty these look on, they go with everything and can be worn dressed up or down, I’ve been enjoying wearing them to work to add a touch of glam.
2. New bed – During the time I had off between Christmas and New Year I went bed shopping. I don’t think I’ve had a new bed since I was a kid and I was hesitant to switch from my previous bed as it was so comfy but I don’t regret my decision. The mattress took about a month to arrive as they are made to order and I chose a plush chiropractic model so it will be soft and good for my back too. I don’t have back problems but I did read plush mattresses are good to provide support for petite people and I didn’t want a medium mattress in case it wasn’t quite soft enough. The bed was delivered at the start of February and I have been sleeping well, most nights I don’t wake up at all (that’s quite normal for me) and it’s been easy to adjust. A practical purchase that will last for years.
3. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Prismatic Amethyst – The lavender duo-chrome shift to this highlighter is stunning! Purple works really well with my skintone and I see myself reaching for this a lot when I’m wearing pinks and purples on my eyes and lips. I tend to stay away from pink highlighters (apart from Rose Quartz also by BECCA) as they can emphasise redness, purples don’t do that. The formula is up to the usual dreamy BECCA standard and I’m even more pleased I purchased this with the news that the brand will be going out of business later this year.
4. MOR hand cream in Juicy Blooms – I purchased a MOR hand cream trio in 2019 and after recently finishing up a hand cream I selected one of the scents from the trio to use next. I tend to use scents that match seasons and this one seemed nice and summery. Juicy Blooms has citrus notes blended with sweet almond oil and cocoa seed butter. The hand cream is incredibly soft and soaks in quickly whilst still feeling hydrating and being non-greasy. I haven’t painted my nails for a few weeks and they look and feel strong which I think is partly down to the formula of this hand cream.
- February 5th. Everything about this day was wonderful; I had a day off work, I slept in, I wore a cute outfit (including a skirt which I rarely do), I spent the night with my boyfriend singing along to music and he said he loved me which was a big step as he told me he hadn’t felt that or said it to anyone before.
- I purchased the Pat McGrath Mthrshp Mega: Celestial Divinity palette. I’ve used it a few times but I’m excited to play with it more.
- Again, I’m impressed with my strength and ability to bounce back when I’m faced with adversity. Every day I’m getting stronger and more resilient.
February’s Spotify Playlist:
Share one of your highlights for the month and what you’ve been up to in the comments!