Happy Monday and welcome to week ten of Project Pan! Project Pan follows Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude, Curly Spring Blossom and I as we pick 12 products to try and hit pan on/empty over 12 weeks (11 in my case).
In the spotlight this week is the third and final product from The Body Shop; their Strawberry Lip Butter.
I purchased this lip butter more than a year ago. I didn’t start using it straight away and it sat unopened for a couple of months. I needed time to decide what I was going to do with this lip butter, was I going to keep it in my bag in case of chapped lip emergencies or just use it now and again when I needed to. I didn’t end up doing either of those. 99% of the time once my lipstick is on it stays on and I don’t reach for lip balm during the day. I started applying this at night before bed, so I wake up with lovely, soft lips and it’s something I’ve continued to do. This is still on my lips when I wake in the morning (my lips are known to hold pigment and lip product extremely well) and when it comes to applying lipstick there is no drag. I think it’s important to distinguish this is a lip butter as opposed to a lip balm. I’m sure essentially they are the same but lip butter implies it should be more moisturising than a regular lip balm.
From the Website:
A rich, intensive moisturiser for the lips with the sweet scent of strawberry. The butter-like texture of this balm which contains strawberry seed oil, melts onto the lips for instant hydration leaving lips feeling soft, smooth and kissable.
- Strawberry scent isn’t overpowering
- Keeps my lips soft and supple
- A little goes a long way
- Easy to pop in your handbag/purse
- Price – $16.75 (NZD) is a little steep for a lip balm
Chanelle’s rating 8.5/10 – I’m giving this product another solid score because I do find with regular daily use my lips stay soft and nourished and I never get chapped lips or bits of flaky skin. Even though the price isn’t the cheapest you do get a lot of product in the little tub and I find less is more so it will last you for a while. Some people might argue this product isn’t the most hygienic because you have to swirl your finger in the tub but I apply this once a day at night before bed right after I’ve washed my hands.
The Remaining Products – Progress
- Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – Used 1x.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Hand Cream – Used 6x. This is on it’s last legs, there must only be a couple of uses left.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – Used 2x.
- Britney Spears Curious – In Control – Used 4x.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 2x.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 5x.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – Used 2x. I have noticed a small difference using this more than once a week. My skin seems clearer and less oily.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 6x. I finally finished a product!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Setting Powder – Used 4x. After last week’s review I have made a real effort to use this more.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Used 2x.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners: