Happy Monday and welcome to week nine of Project Pan! Project Pan follows Stash Matters, A Brash Attitude, Curly Spring Blossom and I as we pick 12 products to try and hit pan on/empty over 12 weeks (11 in my case).
This week I am talking about a setting powder by Rimmel. I’m a big fan of Rimmel’s Match Perfection Foundation so I figured I’d purchase the matching powder to see how it fares.
This is the first setting powder I’ve ever used in all the time I’ve worn makeup. As my skin is on the drier side, I hadn’t thought I needed to use one previously. I purchased this powder in March and figured this would work well with the Match Perfection Foundation. I liked the idea of a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powder which I worried might make my skin look dry and cakey. I like to apply this powder with my Real Techniques Blush Brush as it’s big and fluffy and allows me to apply it in short, sharp motions. My t-zone gets oilier than it did a couple of years ago so I mostly apply it there but I also do the rest of my face if my skin is looking shiny.
From the Website:
Lightweight, smooth and soft face powder. Matches skin’s texture for a flawless and natural looking finish. Wears up to 8 hours. Dermatologically tested.
- Translucent so it won’t alter the colour of your foundation
- The powder does feel lightweight and smooth
- Has a nice scent
- I don’t know if it lasts 8 hours as stated but it does keep any oil under control
- Doesn’t accentuate dry skin
- Price – this costs roughly the same as the foundation: $19 (NZD). I’m not sure how that compares to other powders but powder isn’t an essential step in my makeup routine
Chanelle’s rating: 8/10 – As far as setting powders go this one from Rimmel is a worthwhile investment. I also wear this powder with my Max Factor Lasting Finish Foundation and it looks good. I don’t reach for this every day but when I do I am always impressed by it. I haven’t been able to put this to the summertime heat test as I purchased it after summer but I plan to over the next few months. (The chances of me using this up during Project Pan are slim).
The Remaining Products – Progress
- Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – Used 2x.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Hand Cream – Used 6x. I am getting close to finishing this.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation – Used 2x. I only wore a full face of makeup with foundation twice this week and I used this both times.
- Britney Spears Curious – In Control – Used 3x. This perfume seems to be never-ending.
- Fudge Urban Miracle Ends Tropical Cocktail – Used 3x.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – Used 3x.
- Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier – Used 2x.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – Used 4x.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – Used 6x.
- Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – Used 2x.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s posts from my collaboration partners:
P.S. This will be my final post for the week. If you saw FRIDAY’S POST you’ll know I am going on a little hiatus/blogging break. I will be posting but not three times a week. I still intend to read everyone’s posts and leave comments, I’m just taking some time out.
See you all next week for another Project Pan update!