Autumn has well and truly arrived and it’s time for me to start thinking about incorporating more purple and berry tones into my everyday makeup. I’m super excited about today’s post as it is a collaboration with Lauren from Drifting Lexi. I have left a link so you can check out Lauren’s look at the end of this post. Lauren has created a Spring makeup look and I’m showcasing an Autumnal look I plan on wearing a ton over the next couple of months. The idea for this collaboration was to make sure all bases were covered no matter where you live or which season you’re going into.
Instead of showing you what I used and the finished look I want to provide you with a couple of alternative products and explain why I chose some of the makeup I did for this look.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – 15 Fair
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation – 081 Fair Ivory – Colour wise this foundation is barely undetectable on my skin, which ultimately, is the goal right?! I’m a pale girl and I totally embraced that for this look. I had the idea to make my skin look perfect and flawless, like a porcelain doll.
- Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil – Hazel
- Max Factor Excess Shimmer – 20 Copper – Alternatively you could use Maybelline’s Colour Tattoo in Bad To the Bronze (On and On Bronze in The UK). I liked the idea of throwing in more traditional, bronze Autumn tones.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer – 01 Light
- Dainty Doll Powder Blush – 001 Hippy Shake – I could have gone full on porcelain doll with my blush and made my cheeks stand out but I already planned to have a bold lip. I opted for a beautiful lilac blush and doubled it as a highlighter.
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution lipstick – After Dark – I went down the traditional route of incorporating a berry lip and the best way I can think to describe After Dark is being Rimmel 107’s more purple cousin. Rimmel 107 is a cult classic among bloggers and is one of the best shades for A/W. Let me simplify that: Rimmel 107 – berry, wine red. After Dark – dark berry purple.
The Finished Look:
Don’t forget to check out Lauren’s post and let us know what you think of each look!