Back in April, Lauren from Drifting Lexi and I did a Spring/Autumn makeup collaboration. We each came up with a look to represent the season we were going into as we live on opposite sides of the world! Six months later, and it’s time for a role reversal – it’s my turn to showcase a Spring inspired look. I wanted it to be bright and fresh and I definitely achieved that!
Note: This look also doubled as the makeup I wore to Ellie Goulding’s concert at the weekend.
As usual, I began by applying my trusty Simple moisturiser.
- Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – This foundation gives skin a lovely, natural appearance whilst still making the skin look flawless. This is due to the medium-high coverage of the foundation. (I also used this foundation because it is more travel friendly than Rimmel’s Match Perfection which comes in a glass bottle).
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded – I applied this shade as a base to my eyelids, making it easier for eyeshadow to stick to.
- Maybelline ‘The Nudes’ Palette – I patted the gold shade all over my lids on top of Barely Branded.
- Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara – I applied one coat of lengthening mascara before going in with one coat of volume mascara a couple of minutes later.
- Dainty Doll Powder Blush 004 You Are My Sunshine – The flecks of gold in this blush make it perfect to highlight my cheekbones. It also teams so well with the gold eye look.
- MAC Without Your Love – This lipstick is a beautiful pop of light pink and I love wearing this shade with the eye look above. Without Your Love brings the look together and makes everything look fresh and bright!
- Rimmel Oh My Gloss! #150 Glossaholic – Without Your Love is quite a pale shade and I find adding a lick of gloss over it tops everything off nicely and completes the look.
The Finished Look:
Don’t forget to check out Lauren’s post and let us know what you think of each look!