Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had some new makeup arrive and I wanted to create a look with the items. Two products from MAC feature as well as the Cocoa Blend voyager palette from Zoeva. Zoeva is a brand that I haven’t tried before but other bloggers always talk about how nice their eyeshadows are and I wanted to try them for myself!
Products listed in order of application:
Products with (N) are new items.
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – I’ve been using this as my day moisturiser for the past few months and it feels very lightweight and smooth on the skin. I don’t have any complaints and I haven’t noticed more breakouts than usual. I’m very lucky being dry skinned that I don’t get a lot of acne. This contains SPF but doesn’t have a strong sunscreen smell.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – Now that I’ve finished the Vitamin C face mist from The Body Shop I can focus on using up this primer. The more I use this primer the more I like it and realise it does keep my makeup in place longer and makes my makeup apply nicer.
3. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – You know the drill with this. Been using it for a couple of years now and it makes my brows look natural whilst filling them in slightly. I’ve got thick, dark brows so I don’t need to do much.
4. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain – Earlier in the year I was stuck in a rut with this foundation and how thick the formula felt to apply and felt on my skin. The primer helps this foundation apply more easily and one layer of this works better than two. I always add more coverage with concealer and bronze up if my face looks pale.
5. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer is really good shade wise for me and I like the coverage it gives and the fact you can layer it if you need. You may only need a small amount on a spot but you may need a bit more to cover redness and I find it covers redness well. I apply concealer around my nose and chin where I get natural redness and sometimes I’ll use any excess on my finger on the inner corner of my eyes to brighten or on the eyelids as an eye primer.
6. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matte – I’ve been loving using this bronzer almost like a powder lately. I apply it to my cheeks, my chin, my nose, the sides of my forehead and in a ‘w’ shape around my nose and eyes. I tend to reach for my setting powder more in summer when it’s hot but because I have dry skin I don’t want it to look cakey in winter and I find sweeping the bronzer lightly sets everything and adds a light golden colour at the same time.
7. Zoeva Cocoa Blend Voyager Palette (N) – This is a mini six pan palette of the original 10 pan Cocoa Blend palette by Zoeva. The shades included are Bitter Start (matte white), Substitute For Love (matte light brown), Freshly Toasted (matte red-brown), Pure Ganache (bronze-gold shimmer), Warm Notes (cranberry shimmer) and Subtle Blend (bronze shimmer). There’s base shades, transition shades and shimmers meaning you can create a simple look or a glamorous one. Every shade in this palette is pigmented and the feel of the shadows is lovely and smooth. They swatch and apply the same to the eyes as they look in the pan. The small size means this palette will be great for travel and it’s so cute! I don’t mind the small pan size because realistically it means if I love this palette enough to use all of the shadows up it’s a good thing.
For this look I used Bitter Start as a base shade, Substitute For Love in the crease and Subtle Blend as a shimmer topper all over the lid.
8. L’Oreal Lash Paradise Voluminous Mascara – I’m still loving this mascara! The formula is starting to dry out more now and I’d say I’m not far from finishing it but it has been such a pleasant product to use. I can rely on it to make my lashes look the same each day and it definitely makes my lashes look fluttery and voluminous.
9. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle (N) – Only days after I ordered Soft & Gentle I read a blog post from Rachael about products she regrets buying and this is one of them. In the comments she explained that it would be better suited to people with a lighter skintone than her which reassured me because I am very fair. Safe to say this product is beautiful and I love it! I don’t find the shimmer too much. I prefer a subtle highlight and the gilded peach bronze colour isn’t too warm for me either. I’ve also worn this product all over my face a bit like a powder and it looked lovely. I see this becoming a product I reach for everyday and use all the time.
10. MAC Hug Me (N) – Pictures online make this lipstick look sheerer than it is. Pretty much how a shade looks in the bullet is how it will apply on me. Hug Me is a lustre finish, which is one of my personal favourites, and means it is very comfortable to wear and has a little bit of shine without slip. This lipstick is described by MAC as a ‘flesh pink’ but I don’t quite agree with that. It’s more of a brown-pink and it’s a really gorgeous everyday colour that I see myself wearing a lot.
The Finished Look:
Have you tried any of these products and what do you think of this look? Have you purchased any new makeup lately?