In June I shared this look using as many luxurious makeup products as I could. It was a lot of fun to create so I also wanted to do a look using a full face of affordable, drugstore makeup. Most of the makeup I own is more in the drugstore price range, I love products that are good quality and inexpensive and sometimes drugstore products can’t be beat!
Products listed in order of application:
1. Olay Complete UV Lotion Sensitive – I used to be all about a face moisturiser from Simple until 2018 when I tried this one from Olay and haven’t looked back. This is really nice, it’s lightweight, makeup looks good on top of it and it contains SPF 15.
2. Maybelline Master Prime Hydrate + Smooth – The more I have used this primer the more I have come to enjoy it. It is a little thicker than other primers in my collection but for work and everyday wear this is good. It soaks in quickly so you don’t have to wait before going in with your foundation if you’re short on time.
3. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Still all I use to fill in my brows.
4. Max Factor Miracle Match Foundation in 40 Light Ivory – I got this foundation as a birthday gift in 2019 and it sat in my drawer for about a year before I tried it out. I put this to the test with three other foundations at the start of the year (post *HERE*) and whilst it was one of the lower ranked foundations I don’t want to give up on it yet. The undertone of this shade is neutral which works well with my skintone and as it wears throughout the day my natural oils come out and I don’t mind how it looks.
5. L’Oreal Infallible More Than Concealer in 323 Fawn – I purchased this concealer in April after seeing it on Arna Alayne’s YouTube channel. I was a little worried this would be drying on my dry skin but it’s not at all, this still feels nice and creamy! This concealer is full coverage but blends into the skin easily and a little goes a long way. I do find if I use too much this can make my skin look a little pale. This does have a bit of a weird smell but once product is applied the scent disappears.
6. Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder – I am loving this powder lately. I have had it for a few years now but it still applies and looks the same on the skin. It’s translucent so it doesn’t alter how my base products look and it works particuarly well to set the L’Oreal concealer above in place.
7. Milani Eyeshadow Primer – I don’t enjoy this primer as much as Urban Decay’s Primer Potion but it gets the job done and keeps eyeshadow in place. It can make my eyelids a little dry.
8. Colourpop Lilac You a Lot Palette – Purple is one colour that really works for my skin tone and it was fun bringing out this palette for this drugstore look. I started by applying Zoned Out as a base shadow all over the lid then used Iffy to deepen up the crease. Finally I applied Fluff all over the lid with my finger for a pop of shimmer.
9. Colourpop BFF Mascara in Purple Prose – I have a back up of my holy grail Rimmel mascara that I didn’t want to crack open just for this post. The other mascaras in my collection at the moment are all high end and then I remembered this purple mascara I got from Colourpop last year. I love pairing it with purple eyeshadow and it’s fun to wear. Coloured mascara doesn’t take the place of regular black mascara for me but this does add length and volume to my lashes without looking clumpy and the formula is nice and doesn’t smudge. The more coats I apply, the more purple my lashes look.
10. I ♡ Makeup Goddess of Love Highlighter – This was my first highlighter and I still love wearing it. The pink, purple and silver tones look so nice on fair skin and this can be built up depending on the intensity you like. This highlighter looks natural on the skin and pairs so well with purple toned eyeshadow.
11. Dainty Doll Cream Blush in Billion Dollar Babies – I knew this blush would be perfect to add a natural flush to the cheeks. The cream formula is lush!
12. The Body Shop Rose Face Mist – This mist makes the skin lovely and dewy. It’s particularly nice on top of more matte foundations and if I’ve used setting powder. The rose scent is also pleasant, it’s not overpowering or too strong.
13. Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop – Not only is this my favourite kind of lipstick colour to wear but it also looks good with anything! I love these lip butters as they are nicely pigmented as well as making the lips look juicy and glossy. The formula is sheerer than a regular lipstick but this shade in particular still packs a punch!
The Finished Look
What do you think of this look? What are some of your favourite drugstore products?