February 14th is the day of lurve and it is fast approaching, this Wednesday can you believe! Whether you chose to celebrate Valentine’s Day or not I wanted to share a makeup look I created that you could wear on the day or for any other special occasion. I didn’t go for traditional pinks and reds, I wanted to change it up a little and incorporate two of my favourite things: silver eyeshadow and a bold lip.
1. Simple Kind To Skin Rich Replenishing Moisturiser – My go to day moisturiser and has been for years. This soaks into the skin well and doesn’t cause any irritation.
2. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – I fill my eyebrows in with this pencil and they are done! Simple but effective!
3. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – This primer has been a saviour with all the warm weather lately, it definitely makes my makeup last longer. A few tiny dots is all I need for the entire face.
4. Max Factor Lasting Finish Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – This foundation always applies so nicely and the coverage is great! It wears well throughout the day and it is my current favourite (it has been for a while now).
5. MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NW10 – This concealer works well with every foundation I have tried and I love how easy it blends into the skin. The concealer is not drying or cakey feeling and like the foundation, lasts well throughout the day.
6. Revlon Colourstay Quad in Addictive – I used the cream shade (top left) as a base for my eyelids before going in with MAC’s Silver pigment. I wore the pigment previously on it’s own without a base shade and it didn’t last that well.
7. MAC Pigment in Silver – I have always been drawn to silver more than gold (though I do wear both on my eyes). This pot of pigment will last me a long time, small amounts applied in a dabbing motion with a small shading brush are the most effective although I am yet to try applying this with my finger. I love the frosted look silver gives my eyes.
8. I ♡ Makeup Goddess of Love Highlighter – This is my favourite highlighter! I knew it would be perfect for this cool toned look because it pulls purple but still looks natural and gives a lovely glow.
9. Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – Holy grail mascara alert! I am currently using shade 001 Black but I normally use 003 Extreme Black. I do notice the difference, and I do prefer Extreme Black just because it gives my lashes more intensity. When this mascara dries out it is at it’s prime! The tube I’ve got is still slightly wet so I can’t wait until it dries out more.
10. Elizabeth Arden – Luscious Raspberry – This lip sample was given to me by an old work colleague and the colour is absolutely beautiful – the name suits the shade perfectly! This is a cross between a lipstick and a gloss, it has the colour payoff and feeling of a lipstick but it applies like a gloss without the sticky feeling. It feels nice and creamy and lasts all day.
The Finished Look:
What do you think of my Valentine’s Day makeup? Do you have any special plans for Wednesday?