Hello everyone and welcome to ‘Redhead Rambles’. The series does what it says on the tin, it is a redhead (me) rambling about her week. I share what I’ve been up to each week, how I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been listening to or watching. Occasionally I will my share favourite blog posts and links I’ve found useful or interesting.
- Last weekend the newly refurbished Library building opened it’s doors. I went to the official opening on Friday morning and worked my first official Sunday on February 4th. The Sunday felt nice and relaxed.
- The other days I have worked this week have been manic, the library has been busy with everyone wanting to check out the new building.
- Tuesday was Waitangi Day in NZ so I got another day off work. I chilled at home and went to the supermarket in the afternoon.
- I wore MAC’s Silver pigment for the first time.
- I posted to Instagram stories saying I feel like I’m in a rut with foundation. My skin seems dry lately and I think it’s to do with the heat and summer. Any moisturiser I apply seems to get sweated off. I must remember to take note of how my skin compares in winter, from memory I think it fares better.
- There have been two Shania Twain pre-sales. I haven’t managed to secure any tickets I want in either of the pre-sales but general sale starts February 9th.
- I haven’t been in a great mood this week and I’ve felt tired.
- To read an interesting article about handwriting and what it says about you CLICK HERE. It relates to a blog post coming next week 😉
- I finally got around to washing my makeup brushes. I haven’t been wearing much makeup over the past couple of weeks and I’ve been applying foundation with my fingers when I have.
- I enrolled with a new medical centre as I have been unhappy with the surgery I was enrolled at. My doctor left last year and thankfully, I haven’t needed to see a doctor for anything serious. I hate going to doctors but I was comfortable with my old doctor and I need to find someone like that again.
- Our new kitten has a name; Halo.
What I’ve been listening to:
Jessica Agombar – I have been a fan of Jessica since her Parade days (Parade was a girlband Jessica was in). Over the past few years she has released numerous tracks and I have been spinning both Bullet For Your Love EPs this week.
It’s been a quiet week on the music front. Most times I’ve played music this past week it’s been on shuffle.
What I’ve been watching:
Innocent – Innocent is a British mini series about a man who was charged for the murder of his wife and after spending seven years in jail he is released. He is determined to prove his innocence and get his children and life back on track. I won’t spoil the ending for you but I guessed who the real culprit is early on and was correct.
Liar – Another British series. Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey) stars as Laura Nielson who claims she was raped by surgeon Andrew Earlham on their first date. The story also follows the couple’s friends and family as secrets and lies are revealed. I’m only two episodes into this series but it is gripping and I can’t wait to find out what really happened and which characters are telling the truth.
How was your week?