Hello beautiful people! I am extremely jolly this Monday as it was my 21st birthday yesterday and I had the most amazing day! I think it was probably my best birthday yet and I feel incredibly spoiled. A huge thank you to my lovely blogging friends for their birthday wishes and as I was eating cake I was thinking of you. Today I’m sharing my makeup menu with you and a selection of pictures from the weekend. Enjoy!
For my 21st makeup I knew I wanted to keep things quite simple and really make a statement with my lips. I only had one request and that was for my face to look nice (you know those days where for some reason your makeup doesn’t look as good). Luckily, my prayers were answered and I was very happy with the end result.
1. Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser – Normally I use Simple’s light hydrating moisturiser but I have noticed my skin has been drier than usual so have switched back to the replenishing rich one. At the moment this seems to keep my skin supple and moisturized for longer.
2. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – I purchased this foundation two weeks ago and somehow I have failed to mention it on my blog. I wanted a change from my Rimmel Match Perfection and I am loving this one. It provides a fuller, more matte coverage but is still hydrating and lovely on the skin.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair – I must say this every time I do a makeup menu but this concealer is so good. The shade is perfect for my skin and I had a spot on my chin I wanted to conceal and this did the job. It never clogs pores or makes spots worse.
4. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer 01 Light Matte – If you saw my Birthday Body Shop Haul you’ll know this product is a new addition to my makeup drawer but a welcome one! This bronzer adds a beautiful glow and is so easy to apply without going overboard. I applied this to my cheeks, forehead and jawline using my Real Techniques Blush Brush.
5. Dainty Doll Powder Blush 004 You Are My Sunshine – I was worried about my blush, bronzer and bold lip all competing with each other but I think all three look nice together and compliment the look I managed to achieve, it didn’t look like I went overboard. The golden shimmer of this blush just gives the top of the cheek bones that something special. I actually prefer to apply this blush with a Real Techniques Setting Brush as it is very pigmented and it allows me to use a lighter hand.
2. Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara – This mascara is hands down my favourite out of all of the ones I’ve tried and owned so of course I had to use it in this makeup menu. The wand is so light and easy to hold and I love the volume and lift this mascara gives my lashes.
1. Dainty Doll Wonderbalm – I use this as a lip primer 20-30 minutes before I apply lipstick, especially if a lipstick is on the drier side. It helps the lipstick apply smoother and doesn’t make it look glossy or distort the colour.
2. MAC Ruby Woo – I made my mind up weeks ago I wanted to rock MAC’s Ruby Woo on my birthday. This colour is bold and beautiful and lasted amazingly well throughout the night. My perfect red – I think so!
My Birthday In Photos:
1. Birthday Nails | Emotions from the OPI and Mariah Carey Holiday Collection. 2. Badge | I bought this badge to wear last year but ended up celebrating early and didn’t feel right wearing it. I took full advantage this year and a few kind strangers even wished me Happy Birthday. It also got me free entry into a club. 3. Presents Galore | I got home from clubbing to find the table and living room decorated with balloons and presents.
4. Birthday Balloon | My mum dashed off on Sunday morning to purchase this and get it filled with helium. 5. Lunch | Lunch was pretty low key as I went out for a meal with family and friends on Saturday night but we had yummy savouries and grape juice! 6. Happy Birthday To You | After lunch came the cake, a chocolate sponge filled with fresh cream and strawberry jam. It was absolutely delicious and the candles looked magical.
I can’t even begin to explain how thankful and lucky I am to everyone for their birthday messages, presents and all the effort they put in to make my day special. I know I didn’t share what presents I received but I think I’d need an entirely separate post for that and I’m sure a few of the items will pop up in favourites posts throughout the year. As always, thank you for reading!