On Monday I went out to dinner with some of the girls from work. If you saw my post on Instagram earlier in the week you may be aware I was worried about the dinner. Social situations make me nervous and not being a very adventurous eater magnifies the nerves. Evenings out aren’t something I do as I don’t usually have company and part of me feels like I don’t deserve it. I knew I wanted to go because I felt grateful to be included and it was a big deal for me. I made everything out to be worse in my head than it was but when you worry so much it’s a natural instinct. If a similar situation arises again I will be less nervous which is a positive.
Not only was I nervous about the food/dinner – I stepped out of my comfort zone with my outfit. The restaurant had a dress code so it meant I had to get a little glammed up. I wore a dress AND heels and wanted to do nice makeup. This look features some newer products in my collection and products I’ve been reaching for a lot recently.
(Products have been categorised and listed in order of application under each category).
- MAC Strobe Cream – Pinklite – I applied this kind of like a primer and to give my skin more glow. I wanted this look to be soft and dewy.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 100 Fair – One of my favourite foundations that I’ve tried to date; good coverage and a satin finish.
- Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer – 1 Fair – The pigmentation and creamy consistency pairs so well with the Max Factor foundation. I had a bit of redness I wanted to cover up and also I wanted my skin to look glowy and this concealer isn’t as matte as my MAC one.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist – This smells good, feels lovely on the skin and keeps makeup looking fresh. This was the last product applied before my lip colour.
- Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Used this to fill in my brows.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder – Light – I hadn’t used this for a few weeks and I missed it. Often in the morning when I’m getting ready for work I skip contouring as I’m short on time but I do really enjoy how this product looks.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – This little 5ml sample has lasted me over a year and is still going strong.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer – 01 Light Matte – This was dusted over the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and across my chin. I also applied this in my crease as my transition shade.
- BECCA – Royal Glow – I used my ring finger to apply this highlighter all over my eyelids as a base shadow and used it to highlight my cheeks as well.
- Zoella x Colourpop Supernova Shadow in Bellini – Bellini is a high-impact, ultra glittery shadow with a metallic rose gold base. This shadow is so easy to use, I swipe product onto my finger from the applicator and transfer it to my eyelid. Product dries quickly and lasts all day, this shade looks a foiled shadow when set.
- L’Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara – This is starting to dry out and I feel like I haven’t had it open very long. It definitely doesn’t seem as long lasting as the tube of Lash Paradise I had. I’m not ready to let go of this mascara just yet as the dark, thick fluttery lashes it gives are so pretty.
- MAC – Warm Soul – I wanted a hint of colour on the cheeks and I knew the highlighter and strobe cream would give the glow factor so I went for this light pink-beige blush. It gives a lovely natural flush.
- L’Oreal – 302 Bois De Rose – I mentioned in my August Favourites I wanted to do a makeup look for the blog with this lipstick and here it is! It’s a great shade for everyday wear and I knew I’d be eating so wanted something that would fade gradually. This shade gives me MAC Syrup vibes, this is a satin finish and more pink but super pretty!
The Final Look:
Let me know what you think of this makeup look! What type of look do you go for if you’re going out?