Looking back over my mood tracker for the year, August has been a real mixture of feelings. The day this post goes up will be my last day at work for two weeks and I am looking forward to having a well deserved break. I have worked at the library for over two years now (105 weeks to be exact) and minus the two weeks off I have coming up I have had a total of three weeks off work in that time. I’m looking forward to relaxing and sleeping and just taking some time out. I’ve spent most of August counting down and getting everything ready for my last day to be honest. I’ve still been reading and made some online orders too!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick – 302 Bois De Rose – This lipstick was gifted to me by a work colleague and boy did she choose well! I love how wherever I’ve worked I’m known as the lipstick girl and people gift shades to me they haven’t used or buy shades with me in mind. I don’t own any L’Oreal lipsticks but the satin formula of this shade is stunning! Bois De Rose reminds me a lot of MAC Syrup which is in no way a bad thing. The scent of this lipstick is lovely and the pigmentation and lasting power are excellent. I’d love to do a makeup look for the blog wearing this shade soon.
2. Zoella x Colourpop Group Hug Supernova Shadow Bundle – Products like this remind me why I love makeup. Both of these shades are impressive, have really good pigmentation, last all day and go with any makeup look. These are easy to apply and the shimmer stays on the eyelids and doesn’t get all over the face. I love a bit of sparkle and these deliver in spades! Literally a bit of bronzer all over the lid and through the crease, either OG or Bellini applied over top, two coats of mascara, lipstick and you’re good to go! Simple, no fuss products are my favourite!
3.Silver ring – I purchased this ring over two years ago but I’m really bad at wearing jewellery. I go through phases of wanting to wear it and then won’t wear any at all for ages (minus my rose gold Petite Melrose watch from Daniel Wellington). This ring is stirling silver and features a cubic zirconia stone in the centre with five smaller stones either side. The style of the ring is simple and elegant and I have enjoyed wearing it again this month.
4. NESCAFÉ Gold Crème Brulee Latté – I rarely drink coffee but when I do I tend to go for something milky and not overly strong. I enjoy the Vanilla Latte flavour from Nescafe and when I saw the limited edition Creme Brulee flavour I wanted to give them a go. I haven’t had coffee in a long time and I’m not someone that needs it daily to function. These lattes are lovely and smooth, the coffee taste isn’t overpowering and the sweetness of the creme brulee adds to the pleasant taste. A nice little treat when I need something to warm me up!
- My second Colourpop order arrived! If you haven’t seen what I got yet, CLICK HERE.
- Treated myself to lunch a couple of times this month, it was pie and chips weather.
- Got a haircut and a third layer put back in.
- Ordered three new perfumes online: Viva la Juicy La Fleur, Viva la Juicy Glacé, and Olympéa by Paco Rabanne. All smell lovely.
August’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!