The Christmas countdown is on, there’s only 4 days to go! Personally I really enjoy doing my makeup on Christmas Day and making myself look nice. I knew this year I wanted lots of glow and sparkle and that’s exactly what I got! I’ve included a step by step guide as to how I achieved my Christmas look, how I applied each product and a list of the tools I used. Enjoy!
First I want to show off my Christmas nails! I wanted them to tie in with my makeup so I went for a neutral shade, Tiramisu For Two by OPI and did an accent nail (ring fingers) using Glow Your Own Way by Essie.
Makeup Products and Tools Used:
Step By Step Guide:
- Moisturise. My go to everyday moisturiser is the Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser from Simple.
- Fill in brows using Rimmel’s Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel.
- Apply a pea sized amount of primer. I am currently loving the Ultra Face Base Primer from Makeup Revolution. This has been sitting in my collection unused for a while and I decided to give it another go. It has been helping my makeup stay on longer and aids with application of foundation.
- Next I apply Max Factor’s Lasting Performance Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I dot the foundation over my face then blend it in. I tend to go in with a little more product on my chin and around my nose as I suffer from redness in those areas.
- Using my middle finger I pat concealer onto my nose and chin, again to cover any redness, or any blemishes I have. For this look I used the Studio Finish Concealer from MAC. I have the shade NW10. It is so creamy and blends like a dream. I also run my finger over my eyelids so the concealer can act as a primer for eyeshadow.
- *For eyeshadow I used the Iconic 1 palette from Makeup Revolution. Starting with a Real Techniques Oval Shadow Brush I apply the first shade in the palette all over the lid. Taking a Real Techniques Tapered Shadow Brush I blend the darkest matte brown into the crease and outer corner of the eye. The fourth shade from the left is applied all over the lid with a Real Techniques Shading Brush. The second and ninth shades are applied in the centre of the lid with my finger to complete the look.
- I used Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Lycra Flex in Black on my lashes. This mascara in the shade Extreme Black 003 is my holy grail. It gives volume and length and makes the lashes look fluttery.
- Dipping my Real Techniques Tapered Blush Brush into Dainty Doll’s Powder Blush in You Are My Sunshine I dab lightly over the apples and tops of my cheeks to give a nice flush of colour. This is my favourite blush and a great dupe for Orgasm by NARS.
- Using the other side of the same Tapered Blush Brush I apply highlighter to the tops of my cheeks. I chose Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm.
- Fuchsia Fusion from NYX was an easy lip colour choice! Fuchsia is my favourite colour to wear and the sparkles add extra glitz to the look.
*Shades used in eye look:
The Finished Look:
I love this makeup so much! Before I commit to a Christmas Day look I always trial the makeup look beforehand. I wore this makeup out for an evening of shopping and I felt beautiful. It’s not the most traditional look but I didn’t want to do the usual red lip and gold eye.
Do you wear makeup on Christmas Day? If so, what will you be opting for this year?