Since 2015 is less than 48 hours away I wanted to recap some of the things which happened in 2014. I began my blog halfway through the year but I also want to share events from the first six months before I started my blog. I have broken it down in a monthly basis but please note not all months are included.
- My 19th birthday. Everyone deserves to get excited about their birthday, right?!
- Applied for my first job (at an optometrist).
- Graduated and received my Diploma in Communications (Applied) from the course I completed in November 2013. Graduation was also on Valentine’s Day making it easy to remember.
- Uploaded my first singing video to Instagram – Runnin’ by Nadine Coyle. Link.
- Flew down to the capital for my brother’s Graduation – he received First Class Honours in French.
- First Kylie Minogue tweet!
- First job interview at Sudima Hotel. I’ve had five additional job interviews since.
- Saw Ellie Goulding in concert. First concert EVER and hands down one of the best nights of my life!
- Started blog!
- Won a video message from Mollie King through a competition on Twitter. Thanks BuddyBounce!
- One of my beloved cats, Chase, passed away 😦
- I was old enough to vote in our election for the first time.
- Sent goodie parcel to Dannii Minogue for her birthday.
- Dannii Minogue received the parcel and tweeted her thanks.
- Posted about the parcel on Dannii’s birthday. Post acknowledged by Dannii herself.
2014 was tough at times but looking back there are some great memories and I did a lot of things for the first time. This year taught me an extremely valuable lesson to put yourself first sometimes instead of everyone else. I’ve always had a kind and sensitive heart but I’ve also learnt a lot about how to treat other people. Take time out of your day to catch up with a friend you haven’t talked to in a while, smile at strangers or let someone know how much they mean to you. You never know what someone else may be going through and a few kind words can help more thank you think.
Music is my biggest passion and I always enjoy finding and listening to tracks by new artists. I thought I’d include my favourite tracks of the year in a playlist as part of this post. Of course I’d love to hear about your favourites too!
I hope 2014 was good to you and here’s to an even better 2015! 🙂