I got sick in the second half of October which I put down to the changeable weather, one day it’s warm sunshine and the next it’s cold and windy. I have spent the past week or so taking it easy and recovering. My asthma flared up too and it’s important not to do too much too soon or else you’ll set yourself back. I was able to work towards catching up on my Goodreads target and watch a handful of episodes of Poirot which are great sick day remedies. I’ve been a tad quiet on the Instagram front as well. I went through the accounts I follow and cleared out the ones I don’t interact with or accounts that are inactive.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow – Dare – This shade is the kind of purple I expected to be in It’s My Pleasure but after using the palette and realising I was missing a super sparkly cool toned purple I knew this would fill the gap. I have worn Dare in conjunction with a few shades from It’s My Pleasure and the palette really enhances the shade. Each time I have worn Dare I have gotten compliments and I see it becoming one of my most worn Super Shock Shadows!
2. Colourpop Strawberry Shake Palette – I won’t ramble too much about this palette as I only shared a review last week *CLICK HERE* but in short I love it! The colour story (I dislike that term and this is probably the only time I’ll use it) is girly and fun but also wearable. This palette is versatile and it will also work as a complimentary palette with others in my collection. The orange-peach tones will work with Sol and the vibrant pink shades will work with the pinks in It’s My Pleasure. If you don’t have a lot of pink eyeshadows or you are looking to add some to your collection that aren’t as bright as those from Ooh La La, check out Strawberry Shake.
3. Freedom at Topshop Aquarius Necklace – I purchased a couple of bits on The Iconic last month and this necklace was one of them. The pendant features stones in the shape of the Aquarius constellation set against a lightweight gold-toned stainless steel chain. The chain can be worn at three different lengths depending on how far down you like a necklace to sit. I love the simplicity and how the necklace also feels semi-personalised with my starsign. The necklace cost around $20 (NZD) and it is well made, it doesn’t feel cheap. A good basic necklace that goes with everything.
4.Postscript by Cecelia Ahern – Cecelia Ahern is one of my favourite authors and when I heard she was a releasing a sequel to PS I Love You I was very excited! PS I Love You is a book that has stayed with me since I read it years ago and the sequel is just as moving and will also stay with me. I read Postscript in two days it was that good. Cecelia Ahern has a writing style that feels warm and friendly and will play on your emotions which is what a good writer should be able to do. My favourite novel of 2019!
Blurb from Goodreads below:
It’s been seven years since Holly Kennedy’s husband died – six since she read his final letter, urging Holly to find the courage to forge a new life.
She’s proud of all the ways in which she has grown and evolved. But when a group inspired by Gerry’s letters, calling themselves the PS, I Love You Club, approaches Holly asking for help, she finds herself drawn back into a world that she worked so hard to leave behind.
Reluctantly, Holly begins a relationship with the club, even as their friendship threatens to destroy the peace she believes she has achieved. As each of these people calls upon Holly to help them leave something meaningful behind for their loved ones, Holly will embark on a remarkable journey – one that will challenge her to ask whether embracing the future means betraying the past, and what it means to love someone forever…
- Continuing to have fun experimenting with Colourpop products.
- Finished five books in total this month.
- Tried a new luxury/high end foundation, review to follow in the coming weeks.
October’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!