My mood feels like it has been a little up and down this month. Compared to October I have slowed down on the reading front which is a little disappointing but there have been a couple of books I have taken longer to get through. New Zealand has had a few mini heatwaves which I’m not a fan of, give me cold, sweater weather any day! Lately I have also been feeling discouraged when it comes to dating and I want to take a back seat for a while. Dating is something I never want to half ass and do because I feel like I have to. I want to go back to having a more relaxed approach and not thinking of it as a chore.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. The North Face Venture 2 Jacket in Collar Blue – I was on the lookout for a lightweight jacket to wear to and from work and something more casual for wearing at weekends. I instantly fell in love with this light blue colour as I didn’t want black or khaki like most people seem to have. Technically this is a rain jacket but it’s also windproof and made from a DryVent fabric making it breathable. The jacket has an adjustable hood, zipped pockets, a front zipper with Stormflap velcro closure and adjustable velcro straps around the wrists. I am surprised how much I have worn this since I bought it – it’s so easy to throw on and goes with everything.
2. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in Nillionaire and I Heart This – I am still loving the Super Shock Shadow formula since I tried it at the beginning of the year! The shadows are so pigmented, easy to apply and last all day. Nillionaire is a light bronze with pink and gold ultra-glitter and is one of my favourites, it’s a very Chanelle colour that goes with any makeup look – especially a bold lip! It takes a couple of layers to build up but it builds up quickly. I Heart This is a taupe with silver ultra-glitter. Whilst it is a lighter shade I love pairing it with theBalm’s Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter as a shimmery base shadow and bronzer in the crease for a super simple look.
3. The Body Shop Moringa Body Yogurt – When The Body Shop released their body yogurts I was curious to try one and see how they compare to the body butters. They are fast-absorbing moisturisers with a lightweight, gel-cream texture and suitable for all skin types. The texture is runny and jelly like compared to a body butter and the body yogurts come in fewer scents. Where the body yogurts have the advantage are in size and price. The tubs still contain 200ml of product but they’re more compact and are $15 (NZD) cheaper. I put this product on after a shower and it feels nice and cooling on the skin. It doesn’t feel any less moisturising than a body butter and a little goes a long way. I will definitely consider trying more scents in future, perhaps the Strawberry or the British Rose.
4. YSL Black Opium – I have only had this mini bottle of Black Opium for a couple of weeks but perfume is one of those products you know after a handful of uses whether you like it or not. I have worn this perfume almost every day during the past two weeks and I really appreciate the warmth to the scent and the longevity the perfume has. The scent is not overpowering and I can easily pick out and distinguish different notes (vanilla, coffee, pink pepper etc.) This smells very similar to Prerogative by Britney Spears but this has more lasting power. I don’t think this will become my holy grail perfume but after I finish this sample I will consider purchasing a bigger bottle.
- A long overdue catch up with an old work colleague.
- I made a couple of online orders including a four piece set of mini YSL products and the new xoBeauty Heaps of Sweets eyeshadow palette.
- Halo celebrated her 2nd birthday.
November’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!