This is such a classic post and I haven’t actually done one of these on my blog before. I did something similar in a post for a fellow blogger years ago and I thought it would be fun to throw it back and share what I keep in my bag. I am a minimalist when it comes to my handbag, I don’t like to carry more than I need and I’m not a fan of big, oversized bags because I don’t have much to carry.
I have had my current bag for around three years and I often nickname it my Mary Poppins bag, it can fit my lunch when I go to work, a book and all the daily essentials. My bag is shaped like a doctor’s bag and is made from soft black material. It features two short handles and came with a longer strap which I can attach if I want to wear the bag cross body. The bag has a zip closure and features three internal pockets. Attached to the outside is a light pink pom pom keychain. I remember how hard it was trying to find the perfect pom pom that was the right colour, shape and texture. A lot of pom poms weren’t soft and fluffy and looked matted.
Let’s dive in!
1. Wallet – I have had my wallet longer than my bag and the yellow colour has gathered a few compliments over the years. The wallet is by a brand called Bluebird and the unique colour is what drew me to it in the shop. There are of plenty card slots, the pocket to keep notes in is roomy and there is a zipped section for coins. I keep coins in a separate little purse which most of the time I don’t actually keep in my bag.
2. Phone – At the start of 2019 I purchased a new phone, an iPhone 6S + in Space Grey. I previously had an iPhone 5S in Space Grey. The bigger screen didn’t take me long to adjust to at all, the camera quality is better and having more storage space is greatly appreciated.
3. House key – I keep my house key on this adorable pug key chain.
4. Pen – I don’t keep my favourite or fanciest pen in my bag in case it gets lost.
5. Compact – In case I need to reapply my lipstick and there’s not a mirror around I keep this gold one from kikki.K with me.
6. Lipstick – I don’t keep one particular lipstick in my bag, I tend to place the one I’m wearing on my lips that day in my bag and swap it out the following day. The lipstick that happened to be in my bag at the time of the photos is Nam Jai by xoBeauty.
Health & Miscellaneous:
7. Ibuprofen – Normal paracetamol are not as effective when it comes to relieving headaches for me so I always carry ibuprofen instead. I get migraines occasionally and paracetamol don’t touch the sides. Most of my other headaches are stress/tension related and ibuprofen helps a great deal.
8. Asthma reliever – I have had asthma since I was a child and I always carry my blue reliever. Usually I only suffer from asthma if I have a cold but being exposed to cold air in the evenings or feeling panicked could also trigger a breathless spell. It pays to carry an inhaler at all times.
9. Feminine products (not pictured) – No one wants to be caught short!
10. Staff ID card – I wear this when I’m at work and when I’m not it sits in my bag. It’s good as a form of ID if I have to collect a parcel as it has my full name and a photo on it.
What’s the number one essential you keep in your bag?