Let me start by asking how everyone’s quarantine/lockdown/isolaton life is going? Whilst each country has different measures and restrictions in place we are all in this together. As mentioned in my March Favourites, I’m here if anyone would like a chat!
Over the past month I have adapted well to working from home, I am pretty much able to do my job as usual which keeps me in a good routine. Like so many other people I am using Zoom to connect with work colleagues and I’m really enjoying doing my makeup on the days there’s video calls and making myself that little bit more glam. I am also proud to say I haven’t worked in my pyjamas once (no shame if you do) and have gotten dressed each work day. This month has been relatively quiet but I have enjoyed the calm peacefulness. I am eating less than I would if I was going to work and I’m back into an exercise routine. I feel like I’ve been singing better as a result too and I’m not as stressed which is huge!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia – I have been a fan of Dua for a while now and ever since she released Don’t Start Now as the first single from this album I was excited! The vibe, the beats and the lyrics really stood out to me and it’s probably my favourite track Dua has released to date. Dua puts so much personality into her music and I love the deep, raspy element to her voice. The songs on this album are personal but still radio friendly and whilst she’s undoubtedly pop she adds in her own unique touches. This album is very cohesive and by the time it’s over you want to go right back to the start and press play again. Standout Tracks: Don’t Start Now, Physical, Levitating, Hallucinate and Break My Heart.
2. MAC Viva Glam III Lipstick – I purchased this alongside another MAC lipstick in March and over the past month I have already worn it a handful of times. I saw pictures of this shade online and was unsure whether it would suit me and be too dark but I really don’t have anything like this in my collection. Viva Glam III is described as a muted brownish-plum and is a matte finish. This lipstick has a very comfortable matte finish that doesn’t dry out the lips and despite the dark shade I don’t need to wear a lip liner with this. I wore Viva Glam III when I tried false lashes for the first time – CLICK HERE to see.
3. The Guest List by Lucy Foley – I have been smashing my Goodreads target during lockdown and I finished this particular book last week. It is one of my favourite reads of 2020 so far and the second book I’ve read by Lucy Foley in a matter of weeks. Set on a remote island off the Irish coast, guests are invited to the glamorous wedding between Will and Jules. Lives unravel whilst on the island and secrets from the past are revealed. Everything comes to a head when someone is murdered on the night of the wedding. I won’t spoil who is murdered as we don’t find out until the last quarter of the book but it was obvious to me who the victim would be and I was right. The reveal of the murderer wasn’t as easy to guess but it definitely makes sense. If you’re an Agatha Christie fan or enjoy reading books with plenty of twists you will enjoy this!
4. Glassons Cropped Stretch Skinny Jean – I picked up these jeans in a mid blue wash at the beginning of March when I was out shopping with a friend. This is the fourth pair of these jeans I have bought as the cropped length is the perfect full length on me. I also have these jeans in white, black and a light blue wash. The jeans are comfortable, have a slight stretch to them so they are the good kind of tight and won’t lose their shape but still allow you to move. These are probably my favourite pair as they are that classic blue denim and don’t attract cat hairs like my black pair.
- I have completed a few jigsaw puzzles this month.
- I treated myself to a couple of luxury lockdown purchases: YSL Black Opium perfume and Hourglass Veil Mineral face primer. I have sampled both of these in the past and loved them!
- My Future Nostalgia CD arrived in the post.
April’s Spotify Playlist
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!