Ever since my 23rd birthday in January I have had this post in the back of my mind and finally committed to writing it up and making myself accountable for these goals. Some people write bucket lists and come up with things they want to do before they die but I wanted to be a little different and share 30 things I want to do before turning 30. I am giving myself seven years so let’s see how many of these I can achieve!
1. Own an item of makeup from Chanel
2. Hold my full driver’s license
3. Travel outside of New Zealand
4. Write a book – (doesn’t have to be published, right?!)
5. Find my perfect foundation
6. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies
7. Take a hot air balloon ride
8. Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge in Paris
9. Go skinny dipping
10. Learn how to curl my lashes with an eyelash curler
11. Stay in a hotel and have a romantic weekend away
12. Learn how to do French/Dutch braids
13. Get married – (this doesn’t have to happen before 30 but it seems these days a lot of people marry before 30).
14. Have a spa day with a massage and manicure
15. Send a postcard
16. Solve a Rubik’s Cube
17. Go to the races and bet money on a horse
18. Watch every episode of Poirot (the TV series running from 1989 to 2013 starring David Suchet)
19. Play pool (billiards)
20. Get invited to a hen party – (I don’t have many friends so this could be a challenge and I wouldn’t know what to expect but they seem like fun).
21. Meet someone famous
22. Ride on a double decker bus in London
23. Go for a bra fitting and get properly measured
24. Expand my cooking knowledge
25. Explore my own city
26. Attempt to make homemade pizza dough – (I always get bases from the supermarket and add my own toppings so I’d like to try making my own dough at least once).
27. Finish a book series
28. See snow – (I have seen snow in New Zealand but we don’t get much and I’d like to experience proper snowfall).
29. Visit a castle
30. Go on a picnic – (I probably went on one when I was little but it would be nice to go on one as an adult and make the most of the weather and the day out).
Do you have a bucket list or something similar? Let me know one thing you’d like to achieve within the next year in the comments below!