Hi everyone! Following on from my December Favourites yesterday, I bring you my Yearly Favourites, featuring the best beauty bits and highlights from 2015. All of these have featured in past Monthly Favourites posts and surprisingly it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be to come up with a list. Everything featured in today’s post I still love as much as I did throughout the year.
1. Lily Pebbles – Kicking off with one of my favourite discoveries of 2015, Lily Pebbles! For the life of me I can’t remember how I stumbled across her but boy am I glad I did. She’s so entertaining and I always look forward to watching her videos and seeing what she puts up on her channel and her blog. Lily has inspired a few of my purchases this past year and if you’d like me to do a Blogger Made Me Buy It: Lily Pebbles Edition, leave a comment below!
2. MAC Syrup – I have lost count the amount of times I have mentioned and raved about this lipstick. Syrup was my very first MAC lipstick purchase and will always hold a special place in my heart. Syrup is a gorgeous cloudy pink with a lustre finish and it goes with literally anything. It is the perfect colour for daytime and nighttime wear.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – This concealer is the only one I have used since I purchased it all those months ago and I’m still on my first tube. I use the shade 15 Fair and a little really does go a long way. I use this to cover redness and any spots I have and it never irritates my spots or makes them worse. It can be worn lightly or built up if you need it. The only thing I can’t comment on is how effective this concealer would be for covering dark under eye circles as I haven’t used it for that.
4. The Body Shop Shea Body Whip – I love using this body whip as a daily lotion for my arms. I apply this in the morning before I get dressed and the best part is how quickly it soaks into the skin. Since using this I have noticed the skin on the under side of my arms is much smoother and feels much softer.
5. Dainty Doll Blush ‘004 You Are My Sunshine’ – Gorgeous peachy-rose gold blush, tick. Dainty Doll is my first foray into blush and I knew the shades would suit me as this range is aimed at pale skinned beauties. You Are My Sunshine is a lovely warm shade and I can see myself wearing this a lot in summer. It also looks nice in winter lightly dabbed onto the apples of the cheeks as it gives the skin a glowy, dewy look.
6. Maybelline ‘The Nudes’ Palette – This palette has to be my favourite that I own but I don’t own very many. I still reach for this palette nearly everyday and again it is another product I have mentioned countless times on the blog. This is the second Maybelline product I’ve found this year to be absolutely flawless, good job Maybelline!
7. Essie – Take It Outside – I haven’t had this nail polish very long but I know it will be one of those shades I go back to and can be worn all the time. The grey-taupe tones are lovely all year round. This polish will look lovely with whatever you’re wearing – either dressed up or dressed down. Grey is a colour I’ve incorporated into my wardrobe a lot over the past couple of years.
8. Juicy Couture ‘Viva la Juicy’ Perfume – I have loved the scent of this perfume for years but was always put off purchasing it in the past due to the price tag. I found a 100ml bottle in a makeup sale approximately six months ago and knew I had to have it. The scent is girly yet sophisticated and not overpowering. It’s easy to see why it’s so popular and so many people love it. The 100ml bottle will last a good while as well.
There you have it, a roundup of my favourite favourites from the past 12 months. My beauty collection has been ever expanding and I can’t wait to discover more new products next year.
What have been your favourite products of 2015?