It’s exactly two weeks since a very exciting parcel arrived all the way from Canada! I was selected as the lucky winner of Stash Matters’ giveaway back in January and I was over the moon when the goodies arrived! The shipping was pretty quick and didn’t take long at all. Everything was packaged so well and it was lovely of Stashy to include a card (which nearly made me cry) and a few little extras. I wanted to do this post to thank Stashy and share my first impressions of the products as well. I’ve been doing my best to try out all of the products over the past two weeks but I haven’t quite got to everything yet!
The card – how cute are the stickers?!
Like Stashy did in her giveaway post, I will break everything down into categories to make it easier.
1. Sukin Micellar Water – I like the fact this bottle isn’t as big as some of the others on the market. Garnier’s 400ml is just too much, I didn’t use all the product within six months as advised on the bottle. This has a nice scent to it and I’ve used it a handful of times so far.
2. MUJI Sensitive Skin Moisture Toner – This may be bad but I’ve never used toner before. I don’t even know what they’re supposed to do. I like the packaging of this, it feels sturdy and you can see exactly how much is left. This will become part of my makeup removing routine.
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream – Haven’t used this yet but this is one of the items I was most excited about. My skin can get dry sometimes so I’m hoping this will combat that dryness.
4. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm – This tub is huge! I have been using this as the first step to take off my makeup and I like the balm to oil formula once it comes into contact with your hands. I find a little goes a long way and this will last me ages!
5. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Honey – Haven’t used. Next time I’m just chilling at home on a day off from work (sometimes I get busy on days off) I will try this.
6. Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask x5 (Snail x2, Aloe x1, Hyaluronic Acid x2) – Sheet masks are foreign territory to me but I’m looking forward to trying these. The aloe and hyaluronic acid masks sound particularly appealing.
7. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut – Sadly this isn’t my favourite giveaway item. The scent of this is nice and the formula is creamy and doesn’t irritate my skin but I don’t find this as effective as my usual deodorant. I might reserve this for cooler months or nighttime after I shower.
8. CoverGirl TruNaked Eyeshadow Palette in Roses – This palette is the Naked 3 dupe I’ve been missing. I’ve got a W7 dupe palette but it’s crap and this is so much better. The colours are all so stunning and the formula is buttery soft.
9. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – I hadn’t even taken this out of the packaging until Monday this week. I have heard so many good things about this mascara and I hope it lives up to the hype! I’m also glad this is the washable version, the last waterproof Maybelline mascara I had was a pain to remove and I began to resent buying it because of that.
10. Teeez Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadows in Smokey Rose – Worn once. I love the box and packaging, it’s almost lip balm like. This shade looks lovely by itself and the duo chrome effect is subtle but pretty. This is actually a really nice shade for everyday wear.
11. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal – This mini is one of my favourites from the parcel. When I opened it up I couldn’t believe the cuteness. The product itself is gorgeous and a little goes a long way. I can see myself wearing this a lot.
12. Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Berry in Love – This is another unused product but I can’t wait to try it! I loved the look of this shade when Stashy purchased one for herself. Berry In Love is very much a Chanelle colour. I’m excited to be able to try so many new, higher end brands.
13. MAC Lipstick in Brave – One word, stunning! This lipstick colour is the shade I didn’t know I was missing. I love this lipstick so much and I’ve only owned it for two weeks. If you love Syrup (like me) or you’re looking for a new neutral lippy, you’ll love this.
14. Surratt Relevée Lash Curler – I haven’t used these. I admit I am still slightly intimidated about giving them a go in case I chop my eyelashes off but I will try them sometime soon.
15. H&M Precision Makeup Sponge – I am a fan of the other makeup sponge I have but having another is super handy. This sponge is so soft and washes up nicely. It even comes in it’s own little bag.
After receiving the package I had some questions about certain products and how best to use them which Stashy was more than happy to answer. In some ways I still consider myself a beauty novice and it was good to hear her experience and knowledge. Thanks so much Stashy!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and what you think!