I didn’t find January to be a slow month but February has zoomed by! I was on leave from work for the first week and absolutely loved it, I spent time listening to lots of music, completed a jigsaw puzzle, slept in, ate when I liked (I find this makes me less hungry as opposed to having structured times to eat and being in the ‘work routine’) and did some online shopping. I’ve been back at work for the past three weeks and honestly I am really tired. The heat is so draining and I cannot wait for the cooler, autumn weather.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Zoella Reach For the Stars hand cream – One of my closest blogging friends, Dannii, sent me this hand cream along with a few other goodies at the end of 2018. I started using it recently and I’m really enjoying the scent which is a mix of vanilla and peppermint. The hand cream was released as part of the Cosmos Collection but Zoe announced the end of Zoella Beauty so I wouldn’t imagine it’s readily available unless you try eBay or somewhere like that. The cream itself is lovely, it feels very moisturising and the tube contains 90ml of product which will last me ages! I love the iridescent shiny tube as well.
2. The Body Shop Warm Vanilla body butter – Warm Vanilla was one of the Christmas scents released by The Body Shop last year and I’m a sucker for vanilla so I wanted to try something from this range. When the body butter arrived I was a little overwhelmed at how sweet and sickly this smelled and wasn’t sure if I’d like it. After using this for a while the scent has grown on me a lot, when the body butter is applied to the skin the scent isn’t as intense and it’s more subtle. It does have a warmth to it and I thought this would be more suitable for winter but it’s summer in New Zealand and I’m a fan! The texture is soft and luxurious and spreads very easily over the body.
3. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Fair – If you’re curious to try this product I highly recommend you do! The coverage of this CC Cream is amazing and the texture is lighter than most regular foundations. I squeeze a little line out onto my hand and dab product over my face and that is enough for me. I find most days I don’t need to go in with additional product in the areas I have more redness. Product blends like a dream and feels good on the skin too. If you read my Testing Four New Foundations post you’ll know this came out on top and got a glowing review!
4. Natio Renew Radiance Night Cream – I have been using this night cream for about a month now and a combination of this product and the heat has meant I haven’t needed to apply my facial oil as my skin hasn’t been dry. A little goes a long way and the cream soaks in quickly and leaves my face feeling soft through the night. My face doesn’t feel greasy and my makeup has been applying nicely the following day. The key ingredients are pomegranate and vitamin C.
5. Louise – Heavy Love – I can’t remember how I first heard about Louise as she hasn’t had chart success in New Zealand but she has such a beautiful, pure tone to her voice with a slight R&B edge. Heavy Love is Louise’s first album in 20 years and is a great pop album! Louise co-wrote the majority of tracks and a lot of the lyrics talk about heartbreak which is to be expected after splitting from her ex-husband. Pop music with a catchy beat and heartfelt lyrics is right up my street. Standout Tracks: Stretch, Not the Same, Hurt, Straight To My Heart, Settle For Nothing and Wrong.
- I am ahead with my Goodreads goal for 2020 which is exciting!
- I started my one palette, one month challenge where I aim to use one eyeshadow palette each month in an attempt to use all the palettes in my collection more. Each palette is paired with a different highlighter for the month as well.
- At the beginning of February mum and I went out for a belated birthday lunch (our birthdays are three days apart). I had pancakes with bacon, banana, maple syrup and cream.
February’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!