Happy Monday! (See what I did there?) Last week the lovely Dannii from A Beautiful Thing nominated me to do The Happiness Tag. If you’re not following Dannii already, please do. I love reading her posts and she’s always up for a good chatter in the comments!
- List 5 things that make you happy
- List 5 songs that make you happy
- Nominate 5 bloggers to complete this tag
5 Things That Make Me Happy:
1. Singing/music – If I could only do one thing for the rest of my life it would be singing whilst listening to my favourite songs. Hardly a day goes by where I don’t listen to music and I couldn’t imagine life without it.
2. Makeup – I love shopping for makeup, swatching it, applying it, you name it! If it wasn’t for makeup, I probably wouldn’t have taken my blog down the beauty route. As a result, I have learnt about different products and what works for me. Wearing makeup regularly and writing this blog has given me so much more confidence.
3. Kindness – Whether that’s me being kind to someone or being on the receiving end of someone’s kindness, it always makes me smile.
4. Board games – I absolutely love playing board games but I’ll admit I don’t play often enough. I either don’t have anyone to play with or no one wants to play with me. My favourites are Cluedo, Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit.
5. Painting my nails – This is one of my favourite beauty regimes. I love deciding which colour I want to wear for the week and the feeling of freshly painted nails. I have come so far and gotten so much better at painting my nails, I used to be crap. Practice does really make perfect!
5 Songs That Make Me Happy:
1. Shania Twain – From This Moment On – I am a huge fan of Shania and this song has been my favourite of hers ever since I was three years old. I have mentioned this a few times on my blog before, but I want this to be my wedding song.
2. Zayn – Pillowtalk – This is probably my favourite song of 2016 so far! I love the beat, the lyrics and Zayn’s voice. This song is different to others out there at the moment but still sounds current and very radio friendly.
3. Shane Filan – Baby Let’s Dance – I just had to include Shane Filan somewhere in this post! Baby Let’s Dance is one of my most played iTunes tracks and is classic Shane. It showcases his beautiful voice and lyrical ability and has this kind of old soul vibe mixed with pop/country.
4. Ellie Goulding – Something In the Way You Move – This track is one of the best on Delirium, it encompasses the pop/dance feel of the album and the production (Greg Kurstin) is top notch. This track is again very radio friendly and I guarantee you will find yourself bopping and singing along! This song makes me want to dance when I hear it and I can’t wait to hear it live when I see Ellie in October.
5. Kylie Minogue – Love At First Sight – Love At First Sight is a Kylie classic and I remember the video so well from when I was younger. This song will have you dancing in no time and will send you straight back to the early 2000s when I believe pop was at it’s best! I love the lyrics as well.
Thanks again Dannii!