November seems to have been calmer than the past few months. I think that’s down to me taking a step back from blogging and having a break to enjoy life and catch up on a few things I’ve been meaning to do for a while. I explained the reason for the break in this month’s Hey, It’s Okay…, I’ve recently entered into a relationship and I want that to be the main focus. I want us to be able to spend time together without distractions (not that blogging is a distraction but it can be time consuming). Overall, I am very happy and I still try and get on here as much as possible to comment and read all of your posts!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Melbourne Cup – The Melbourne Cup is a famous Australian horse race run every year on the first Tuesday in November. Mum and I have a tradition where we each pick three horses and have a little competition to see how they do. We don’t bet any money but it’s a bit of fun and I really look forward to picking my horses and seeing who does better with their picks – neither of us did well this year though.
2. The Body Shop White Musk Body Lotion – I purchased this body lotion back in July but I’ve only properly been using it daily for the past month or so. I love using The Body Shop’s body lotions as a daily moisturiser and I concentrate mostly on my arms and chest. I don’t use this on my legs as that skin is really sensitive and I have a huge tub of cream especially for that. I love that the scent lingers on my skin throughout the day and I really like the scent of the White Musk lotion later in the day as opposed to when it is first applied, it still smells good but the scent gets better as time goes on. The Shea Body Whip is one of my absolute favourite products from The Body Shop but one negative about it is the pump as opposed to the squeeze bottle on this body lotion. After this is finished I’d quite like to try the Black Musk or Cocoa Butter scents.
3. Revlon Highlighting Palette – Rose Glow – I received this highlighting palette as part of a Revlon gift set from my old work colleagues. I reviewed the gift set a few months ago and my opinion of this product has changed slightly. I still wouldn’t go out and pay the $32.99 (NZD) this retails for but I have used it a handful of times this past month. This gives a subtle highlighted effect which is nice for daily wear and doesn’t make you look too made up. I like to swirl my Real Techniques Blush brush into all the colours and sweep the product over my cheekbones.
4. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera – Pink – At the weekend I went out and bought one of these polaroid cameras for myself. I bought the beautiful pastel pink as pink is my favourite colour along with a 50 pack of film. The film is expensive but I want to make each shot count and I know it should last me a decent amount of time. I haven’t turned the camera on or used it yet but I’ve taken everything out of the box and had a look and I’m so excited to start snapping away!
NB: For any NZ bloggers/readers, Instax are running a promotion until the 17th January 2017 where if you buy one of their cameras you can redeem a gift pack (including a scrapbook, stickers, photo corners, washi tape and a photo board) worth $45. Visit their website enter your details and a few details about your purchase and they’ll send it out to you!
5. Gone Girl – I watched Gone Girl a couple of weeks ago after hearing so much about it and I can honestly say it is the best film I have seen in a long time! It is based on a book by Gillian Flynn – I haven’t read it – and it lives up to the hype. I’m not going to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it but I do recommend you watch it if thrillers are your thing or you’ve been meaning to watch it. I haven’t seen many movies with Ben Affleck but there’s something about him in this which is really likeable and you can’t help not liking his character. There are talks of a potential sequel which would be very interesting and something I’d watch for sure!
November’s Spotify Playlist:
This playlist is a real mix. There’s R&B, country and of course my usual dose of pop. I say this a lot but this playlist is genuinely one of my favourites that I’ve made.