February has been a bit of a whirlwind, there’s been a few different things happening and a few different emotions to contend with. I haven’t read as much as I would have liked, I picked up a couple of books that I couldn’t get into and it slowed down the good progress I was making towards my yearly goal on Goodreads. I should be able to catch back up again though. I have started exercising on the exercycle again and my current goal is to ride 10km three times a week.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Melanie Brown – Brutally Honest – I was a little a young to remember the Spice Girls in their hey day but I started listening to them in 2007 when they reunited. I have always liked Mel B’s deep Leeds accent and fierce personality. I’d read her first book Catch a Fire a number of years ago and over the past few years I have heard stories about her second husband and their marriage in the media. Until I read this book I didn’t know the full extent of what went on and the amount of adoration I have for what she put up with went up tenfold. The title is clever, not only is Melanie blunt and honest but it also reflects how much she had to endure to come out the other side. This was a gripping read and there was a lot going on that people didn’t realise.
(The book doesn’t appear in the main image as I borrowed it from work).
2. Tanya Burr Selfie Lash Mascara – This mascara was sent to me by Dannii and I really like it! I’m not usually a fan of rubber wands and prefer natural bristles but this one isn’t flimsy and the bristles really get into all the lashes. One coat of this is perfect for an everyday look but two coats is what I like to go for. This mascara reapplies nicely as well and doesn’t make existing coats that have been applied earlier in the day look clumpy. The formula is not smudgy and wet which I like and it’ll be interesting to see if the formula stays like this or if it changes. The shiny gold packing is pretty too.
3. MAC Viva Glam II – Some days you can’t beat a beautiful nude lipstick. Viva Glam II has a satin finish and is described as a pinky mauve colour which is accurate. Pink nudes suit me better than brown and this particular shade is like a cross between a few other MAC shades in my collection; it’s like Blankety, Hug Me and Brave rolled into one. If you like any of those I’m sure you’ll like this! As this is part of the Viva Glam range, money from these lipsticks goes to the Aids Fund. Viva Glam shades also have a distinguishable red band around the middle of the casing so you can tell them apart.
4. Victoria’s Secret Vanilla Lace Body Lotion – Body lotion is one of my favourite products to apply on a daily basis. I usually buy lotions from The Body Shop as I find their scents last all day and don’t irritate my skin. I do however prefer body lotions that come in a squeeze tube like this or in a bottle with a flip top lid. I have used lotions from The Body Shop in the past that have a pump but some of the product tends to get wasted. I hadn’t tried Victoria’s Secret body lotion before, this scent is a mix of vanilla and musk and it smells really lovely on my skin. It is similar to the Vanilla Chai scent The Body Shop released a few years ago which I also loved. I would like to try more lotions from Victoria’s Secret in future so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
- I purchased a baker boy cap. I tried one on in a shop as a joke but I really like how it looked. Can’t wait to wear it properly!
- My signed copy of Claire Richard’s album ‘My Wildest Dreams’ arrived.
- On Valentine’s Day I picked up a parcel Nadine sent me. Everything is so sweet!
- One of the girls I work with brought me back a gift from her travels.
- I had a really lovely dinner date during the last weekend in February.
February’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share something you have been loving or one of your highlights in the comments!