It has only been a couple of weeks since I shared my most recent Colourpop haul and I’m back with another one! I have vowed to make this my fourth and final order for 2019 as I’m getting spoilt for choice when I apply makeup lately. I feel guilty when I buy makeup sometimes that I don’t need it but I do constantly evaluate what I have and if I no longer reach for a product I will try and pass it along or sell it, it won’t go to waste.
Let’s get started!
Fantasy Super Shock Pigment
You can see some mess where the shadow was damaged and I had to press it back together.
Fantasy is an electric neon red-violet topped with multi-dimensional glitter. Fantasy is a cross between Slave2Pink and Dare (I also own both of these) but this shade is more magenta than Slave2Pink and not as cool toned as Dare. I wanted to purchase Fantasy in my previous order but the product was sold out. Fantasy was part of a ‘Last Call’ sale and it has disappeared from Colourpop’s website so it looks like it has gone for good now – I’m glad I was able to get my hands on it! This shadow did arrive smashed but I was able to press it back together. Fantasy does stain the eyelids but that’s nothing Clinique’s Take the Day Off balm can’t fix.
I have declared in the past brushes are my favourite way to apply foundation but that doesn’t mean I detest sponges. I prefer brushes as they give more coverage and I haven’t been able to achieve a flawless, airbrushed finish with a sponge in the past. This sponge is part of the Pretty Fresh line which launched recently and I heard someone describe it as “the same shape as the Real Techniques sponge with the softness of a Beautyblender.”
Scorpio Moon Crème Lux Lipstick
Scorpio Moon is a plummy rose shade released as part of Kathleen Lights’ zodiac collection. I bought this as I thought it would be similar to my all time favourite MAC lipstick, Syrup, but Scorpio Moon is darker. It is still a lovely shade but it looks different in real life than how it appears online. When I swatched this shade the crème lux formula felt very smooth and moisturising due to the blend of acai, jojoba and pomegranate seed butters.
BYOP: 4 Eyeshadows & 2 Highlighters
Top row: Dreamscape and Made Me Do It
Bottom row: On a Whimsy, Beam Me Up, Quantum Sleep and Feathered
I had so much fun curating my own eyeshadow palette a few months ago but one shade it was missing is a deeper, darker brown. I was looking through other eyeshadow singles and I didn’t have enough shades to justify another 12 pan palette so I got two pressed powder highlighters to go along with the four eyeshadows.
- Feathered (matte rich chocolate brown) – This is a classic transition shade perfect for the crease and adding depth to an eye look.
- On a Whimsy (vivid metallic silver) – Silver is one of my favourite eyeshadow colours to wear and it will be nice to have a pressed shadow to travel with instead of having to transport my MAC pigment which could get messy.
- Beam Me Up (icy blue-silver) – This has such a unique blue, lavender tone and it will pair well with On a Whimsy as well as looking good on it’s own.
- Quantum Sleep (metallic cobalt) – This shade is a bit risky but I want to pair it with Brunch Date from Zoella’s eyeshadow palette and I’ve been enjoying wearing bolder colours on the eyes lately.
- Dreamscape (icy vanilla) – This is a shade that will go with any makeup look. I didn’t have a highlighter with this light beige tone that isn’t champagne or silver or white. It looks like a lovely shade for fair skin.
- Made Me Do It (champagne pink) – This highlighter looks like a cross between Royal Glow and Parisian Lights from Becca with it’s pinky peach tone. The champagne element stops the highlighter pulling too warm or cool.
Left to right: Scorpio Moon, Fantasy, On a Whimsy, Beam Me Up, Quantum Sleep, Feathered, Dreamscape and Made Me Do It.
Have you tried any of these products? What was the last makeup item you purchased?