July has been a stand out month music-wise and I have also had a few personal achievements. Early on in the month I sat my Learner Licence test and passed, I got 33/35. I feel so much better now that I’ve taken the first step and next it’s time to actually sit behind the wheel and drive a car – still slightly scared about that! Also this month, I made the decision to get new glasses. I wore my old pair for over seven years but they’ll still be kept as my backup pair. There hasn’t been as much emphasis on beauty products for me in July. I haven’t worn makeup as much as I normally would because I’m not at work and I’ve been overwhelmed and distracted listening to a ton of new music!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Delta Goodrem – Wings of the Wild – Delta Goodrem released her highly anticipated fifth studio album this month (July 1st to be exact) and words can’t describe how amazing it is! I have been a Delta fan for a number of years and I’ve always loved her songwriting style and the way she words her lyrics. Wings of the Wild is a very empowering album, it makes you feel good when you listen to it but it’s also honest and raw. Delta has this incredible range and powerful voice which I don’t think she gets enough credit for. This album is definitely one of the best I’ve heard in a long time and will be one of my favourites for the whole of 2016. Standout Tracks: Feline, Wings, Just Call, In the Name of Love, Heavy and Hold On.
2. Rimmel London – Bestival Blue – I purchased this nail polish almost two months ago now and it further highlights my love for Rimmel. Firstly, the colour is a gorgeous periwinkle-cornflour blue and the formula of this particular shade is outstanding! It’s no fuss to apply and the colour lasted on my nails for nearly two weeks (using Maybelline’s Dr Rescue Top Coat over the top). I love the name of this shade and I urge you to check out if you’re looking for a new blue to try.
3. The Body Shop – White Musk EDT – I first mentioned this fragrance in my New In My Beauty Drawer post and I have been wearing it a lot in July. I love layering this with the White Musk Satin Body Lotion and I love that the scent lingers all day and doesn’t fade away or need to be reapplied. I would reapply if I was going out at night but for the day it’s fine. This scent smells lovely when first spritzed but it smells even better with wear time. Despite containing lily, iris and rose the florals aren’t overpowering and this is lovely everyday fragrance.
4. Bourjois – Frambourjoise – Until a couple of weeks ago I was a liquid lipstick and a Bourjois virgin. I had always been a bit unsure of the Bourjois stand in the past so I avoided it. I was aware however of the praise for Bourjois’ Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks. I stood at the stand swatching away and I was drawn towards Frambourjoise – a stunning raspberry shade. The idea behind the Rouge Edition Velvets is every shade has a red undertone or an element of red to it. I have worn Frambourjoise a handful of times now and I can see why people rave about them. The formula is so easy to apply and comfortable to wear and doesn’t feel drying on the lips. The pigmentation is awesome and the wear time is even better!
5. Lawson – Perspective* – Lawson are a band I got into through The Saturdays (Mollie used to date Andy) and I love Lawson’s sound because it’s so cool. Lawson are predominantly pop/rock but they’re very listenable and radio friendly. It’s been four years since Lawson’s debut album was released but the follow up is just as good and is worth the wait. Chapman Square will always be a standout but with Perspective, Lawson have really grown musically. The album flows cohesively and by the time it’s over you want to listen to it again, that’s the sign of a good album. Standout Tracks: Money, Rio, When I’m Old, Only Water, Roads and Used To Be Us.
*I purchased Perspective on iTunes which is why it isn’t in the title image.
6. kikki.K Cup: Vänskap – I made a small kikki.K order at the end of June and this cup is my favourite item from it. I’d been looking for a cute cup that I could have especially for hot drinks. Water is mostly all I drink but I do have the occasional hot chocolate and I do like a cup of soup in winter time. The entire Vänskap collection features cats which is adorable and I instantly fell in love with this cup. On the inside of the cup there is a quote, “Life is better with friends” and cats line the outside of the cup. The cup came with it’s own cardboard box which I keep the cup in when I’m not using it.
July’s Spotify Playlist:
This is another 50-50 playlist of male and female artists. All of these songs have such a good beat and there’s even a New Zealand artist on the bill! As always, enjoy!