I didn’t intend to take a blogging break… it just kind of happened. I didn’t really feel like writing and over the years I’ve come to be more at ease with posting when I feel like it. Also, for the past month I haven’t had much to say, occasionally I have struggled with my emotions and I’m still getting my head around everything following the breakup. I’ve been enjoying quieter weekends mostly filled with reading and listening to music, I love that I can always fall back on those hobbies. I also had a couple of deliveries and shared photos on Instagram if you’re interested to see what I picked up.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Nike Club Fleece Joggers – When I’m at home I love to wear comfortable clothes and with winter on the way I love being cosy and warm. In October last year I purchased a hoodie and joggers from Nike and a few times this month I have got the joggers out. The joggers are plain black and are incredibly soft and warm. They are actually men’s joggers and when I looked up the size guide the measurements for this pair were similar to a women’s pair but the women’s joggers were more expensive. I’m only 4ft 11 and the length is perfect on me. I’m not sure how men who are average height would get on but I’m not complaining!
2. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – This setting spray is one of the most talked about in the beauty world. I had always wanted to try it and purchased a 30ml size last month. I have heard people say they don’t get the hype around this and it’s overrated but I also wanted to find out for myself. The fact this has ended up in my favourites indicates I like it. The mist sprayed is nice and light which I like, I don’t like setting sprays that drench the skin and make the face wet. There is a slight scent but nothing offensive or overly perfumed. I like how this melts makeup together, it’s not too glowy and doesn’t make skin look greasy. If you have dry skin like me I think you would also enjoy this.
3. Rimmel Brow Pro Micro in Soft Brown – I was getting low on my trusty Rimmel eyebrow pencil and I couldn’t find one in store. I did see this product and decided to give it a go. It has a spoolie at one end and product that winds up at the other. It’s very easy to use and my brows look natural, you can apply as little or as much product as you desire. The one great thing about this is I don’t have to sharpen it. The colour is also a good match for me. Depending on how long this lasts I might have found a replacement brow product I like more than Rimmel’s regular eyebrow pencil.
4. Ana Luisa jewellery – I have been wearing jewellery a lot more regularly the past six months or so and I have had some beautiful pieces come into my collection. At the end of February I purchased two pieces from Ana Luisa after spending an age browsing their website and often hearing Arna Alayne talk about the brand on YouTube. The pieces are very reasonably priced and if you’re into ethical brands Ana Luisa is also carbon neutral. I purchased two gold pieces; an adjustable ring with a rope twist pattern and a gold horn necklace that reminded me of a dupe for the famous Missoma horn necklace. If you’re interested in taking a look at the site and want to purchase something for yourself you can use my referral link to get $15 off.
- I’ve enjoyed playing with Pat McGrath’s Mthrshp Mega Celestial Divinity palette. Still a little overwhelmed when it comes to pairing shades together but the colours are so pretty.
- I’ve made good progress on my project pan items, a handful of products have been finished up and other products have been swapped in.
March’s Spotify Playlist
Share one of your highlights for the month and what you’ve been up to in the comments!