I was browsing Pinterest and came across a list of personal growth questions. Lists like this always get me thinking and evaluating how to be mindful and grateful for what is going on in my life and what I want to achieve. I clicked through to the website the questions are from and also did a quiz about my strengths, gifts and insights into my personality. My result is accurate. I encourage you to take the quiz and leave your results in the comments with whether or not you agree. Click here to take the quiz!
My quiz result:
The Deep Thinker
“You’re driven by the pursuit of knowledge, and you have some special talents up your sleeve that really set you apart. You love exploring new theories, concepts and ideas. You’re able to be objective and logical, and understand the complexities of things others may not give a second thought.”
(Image and text taken from MistySansom.com)
1. What does your ideal day look like?
A sleep in to start, not the whole day in bed but enough sleep so I feel well-rested followed by breakfast/lunch. After eating, maybe a nice walk and an afternoon spent reading or cosying up watching movies. Sometimes I like grey, rainy days so if it was one of those days I’d love to order pizza and make a blanket fort and just talk and spend time with my love.
2. What did you want to be when you were younger?
Accountant, hairdresser and singer. I still want to be a singer.
3. Who are you most inspired by? Why?
My mum. She has taught me a lot of life lessons. She never had it easy and she is proof that you can make it. Her strength is to be admired. I am a lot like her and I’m proud.
4. Who would you love to meet? What would you ask?
All of my musical inspirations. I would ask for advice and any queries I have about the music industry.
5. What habit would you most like to break? What habit would you most like to start?
I wish I wasn’t such a worrier. I’d like to start being more spontaneous and not having to have everything planned in so much detail. I think being organised is part of the reason I worry so much.
6. Think of a person you truly admire. What qualities do you like about that person?
I continue to admire Shane Filan. He went through bankruptcy and lost everything except for his voice, his wife and children. Shane invested money into property and started a property development company with one of his brothers. During the recession the Irish market and banks crashed and it was a devastating for Shane. Singing is his biggest love and it’s what keeps him going. He is so kind and generous to his fans, he is humble and hardworking and he’s honest. He didn’t shy away from the problem and refuse to talk. What happened to him was unfortunate but he keeps going for his family.
7. How do you like to relax?
Reading, singing, doing jigsaw puzzles, watching TV.
8. When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?
When I told my boyfriend I loved him for the first time (I actually wrote it). I hadn’t experienced love and those feelings before so I was thinking, “is this what love is?” and worried I was interpreting my feelings wrong. At the time it was scary but now it makes me smile.
9. What are you most proud of?
My kind heart.
10. What are you most afraid of?
People not listening to you and believing what you do and what you say. Not being happy. Liars.
11. If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
Telling people what I think of them; good and bad.
12. Who would you like to connect (or reconnect) with? Why?
A few of my old work colleagues. We would have some of the craziest chats but I really felt like they ‘got’ me and I felt included. I’ve been thinking about paying them a visit.
13. What qualities do you admire in others?
Honesty. Loyalty. Thoughtfulness.
14. What practical skills do you wish you had?
I wish I could drive and I wish I was a better cook.
15. Imagine you’re in your 90s. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?
I’d like to be able to say I fulfilled my dream of traveling to The UK and talk about the things I did during my time there. I’d tell beautiful love stories and remember the music I listened to and what my life was like. I’d talk about my inspirations, my goals and life lessons.
16. What is your favorite book/movie/song? Why?
Book: Claire Richards – All of Me – She is the lead singer of my favourite band and similar to the Shane Filan story, she’s never lost her voice despite all she’s been through. She is one of the reasons I want to be a singer. There are lots of musicians I look up to and admire but they haven’t all made me want to sing.
Movie: Grease or Titanic. They are both classics! The music in Grease is fun to sing a long to and the love story in Titanic is acted so beautifully.
Song: Shania Twain – From This Moment On – I’ve loved this song since I was three years old and I want it to be my wedding song.
17. If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
That people wouldn’t be so cruel. They would think about their actions and imagine what it’s like from the other person’s point of view. People wouldn’t be taken for granted.
18. What do you love to do for, or give to others (not an object – something from you personally)?
I make people feel important when they mean a lot to me. If they need someone to talk to I want them to know I’m there. There are things I do naturally and it’s not until I’m made aware of them that I realise how big my heart is.
19. What excites you?
Love. I think I will always be a romantic.
20. What do you wish you did more of?
Went outside and explored nature.
21. Pretend money is no object. What would you do?
Travel, see as many artists in concert as I can and make sure my friends and family are comfortable. I’d love my mum to have her dream house.
22. What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best? Which area makes you feel the worst? Why?
The answer for both is social. Best because I am enjoying my job and have met new people and my relationship is going well but worst because sometimes I feel lonely and the amount of people I can depend on isn’t a huge number. I’m not close with many people.
23. Let’s jump forward a year. What would you like to have achieved in the past year?
I’d like to be happy. Happiness is my main goal and if I’m not doing what makes me happy, what is the point? Being able to lose some weight would be a bonus. I’d like to think I could get my Restricted Licence in that time too.
24. What piece of advice would you give to five year old you? Sixteen year old you? Twenty-one year old you? Right now?
Five year old me: Enjoy being young, make friends with everybody and be carefree.
Sixteen year old me: Focus and work hard at school, you’ll thank yourself later.
Twenty one year old me: You are doing fine.
Right now: Whatever makes you happy, just do that!
25. How do you want to be remembered in life?
The short redhead who wore bright lipstick and giggled a lot. I want to be remembered for having a smile on my face and always being warm and friendly.
Hope you enjoyed this longer post! Thanks for reading!
Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest