Hey everyone! We are now less than a week away from Christmas! I enjoy seeing how people plan to do their makeup on Christmas Day and I wanted to share the look I’ve opted for this year. If you’re stuck for inspiration and not sure what to go for, I hope this post is of some use to you!
Last year, I went down the traditional route of a red lip and a sparkly eye. This year I am keeping my eyes sparkly and going for gold (literally). I have also gone for a gorgeous plum/berry lip colour, à la MAC Syrup. I was applying the shade one afternoon and the idea popped into my head to use it as my Christmas lip colour this year.
2. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – I have been using this exact pencil to fill in my eyebrows since March and I’m still lovin’ it!
3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – I love this product for spritzing on my face before applying foundation. It gives my skin an extra boost of moisture and makes everything look more flawless.
4. Max Factor Lasting Finish Foundation in 101 Ivory Beige – I went for this over my trusty Rimmel as I wanted more of a matte look and this foundation lasts really well throughout the day.
5. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair – Again, you know I’m a huge fan of this! It’s creamy, high coverage and moistursing – enough said.
6. Rimmel Match Perfection Translucent Powder – This helps stop any excess oil and takes away any leftover shine after applying foundation.
7. Dainty Doll Cream Blush in 003 Billion Dollar Babies – This blush is very subtle but that’s why I love it. It gives the most natural colour to the cheeks and there’s not a look this shade doesn’t go with.
2. Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 – The second shade from the left is applied over the top of the Maybelline shade to add extra sparkle.
3. Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara – One coat of lengthening mascara is applied to the top and bottom lashes before a coat of volumising mascara is applied to the top lashes.
1. Revlon – Sugar Plum – This shade may not scream Christmas at first glance but it’s plum/berry tones make it the perfect accompaniment. It’s bold enough to make a statement but not too bold that you will notice when it starts to fade. It’s smooth formula will make reapplication a breeze if necessary.
What do you think of my Christmas makeup? What look will you be wearing on the big day?