October has zoomed by! I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since my tonsillectomy and I’ve been back at work two weeks already! I did get more spendy in October compared to a usual month and I haven’t been reading a lot either. I will still meet my Goodreads target of 40 books for the year but I want to spend more time reading again in November. I haven’t really been up to much this month, mainly sleeping, relaxing and taking it easy. It’s been nice to have time for self care.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Colourpop Easy Bake Ultra Glossy Lip – Easy Bake was released by Colourpop last year as part of their Strawberry Shake collection. This shade is a sheer strawberry pink that can be worn on its own but I love wearing it over top of lipstick for added shine. This is the perfect neutral gloss that looks good on top of everything without altering the lip colour underneath. The scent is nice, the formula isn’t sticky and goopy and the packaging is adorable!
2. Revlon – Gel Envy Nail Polish in Silky Negligee – I was placing an order online for magnesium for my mum and needed something else to add to the order to qualify for free shipping (it was a chemist website). I had seen this polish in a store the same day and snapped it up immediately. Silky Negligee is a glossy metallic silver grey and it looks stunning on. Two coats is perfect and the polish lasted for almost two weeks with Revlon’s Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat (which I have loved for years) applied over top. The polish was a little difficult to remove but nothing like removing glitter polishes. I also picked up another shade from the range called Standing Ovation (glossy metallic lilac pink) which I’m yet to try.
3. Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask – There is a facial oil from Trilogy I love and I saw this jelly mask on sale for half price so decided to give it a try. The mask contains rosehip, hyaluronic acid and manuka honey and it aims to smooth the appearance of skin as well as deeply nourish and refresh it. There is a little spatula that comes with the mask and makes it easy to scoop product out. The texture is like jelly and feels very cooling on the skin. Product is easy to spread and after a few minutes it sets a little but doesn’t feel uncomfortable. The mask only needs to be left on for 5-10 minutes and washes off with minimal effort. This is a lovely mask that I’ve been reaching for once a week and a little goes a long way.
4. The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom body butter – I purchased this body butter over a year ago and I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned it on the blog before! I didn’t start using it until around lockdown but the scent is gorgeous – it’s light, fruity and floral and a nice feminine scent to use after a shower. The texture of this body butter feels slightly more luxurious compared to the standard ranges The Body Shop is known for. The price point of this is slightly higher as well but it doesn’t bother me.
- It was nice to have a break from work after my surgery. I hadn’t had a proper break since February.
- Purchased some comfy tracksuit bottoms and the most gorgeous purple hoodie from Nike. You bet the first cold day that comes I’ll be wearing them!
- Finally got to watch Knives Out this month. Not going to lie though, I was a little disappointed. I didn’t like the fake accent Daniel Craig’s character had.
October’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!