Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all had a lovely day and got spoiled with lots of presents. Best wishes for the rest of the holiday season!
It’s time for the last monthly favourites of 2017! December and 2017 have zoomed by and I can’t believe we are at the end of another year already. December’s favourites are more of a mixed bag than November’s; I’ve got beauty, skincare, fashion and music.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Dua Lipa – I can’t recall where I first heard of Dua and listened to her music but I have been listening to her songs since 2016 before she released her album. On first listen I wasn’t a big fan of the album apart from the singles but I decided to listen to it again a few months ago and something just clicked. Dua’s voice is deep and gravelly and very distinct. I started listening to the album more and more and purchased a physical copy at the end of November. Her songs are catchy and make you want to sing along – one of my top albums of 2017. Standout Tracks: Genesis, Hotter Than Hell, Blow Your Mind (Mwah), New Rules, Begging, Homesick and Last Dance.
2. Dannii For Target Tank Top – I bought this top in 2016 and have been wearing it more recently with the hotter temperatures. It’s a gorgeous mint green colour perfect for summer and the top is nice and flowy. The holes for the arms are quite low cut so I tend to layer a light cardigan type garment over the top to conceal that.
3. The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3 in 1 Face Mask – I bought this face mask all the way back in January in a Body Shop haul. In my Spring Beauty Edit I mentioned I wanted to start using this product more and I’m pleased to say I have been. I alternate between this and a Natio face mask. What I love about this mask is not only how good it smells but how easy and gentle it is. A little goes a long way and you only have to leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes. It’s simple to remove and leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean.
4. Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer – I have had this primer for over a year but rediscovered it a few weeks ago. When I first purchased it I didn’t notice its benefits and it sat unused. A couple of weeks ago I tried it again to see if it would make my makeup last longer in the heat. I have been using this nearly every time I’ve applied makeup in December and it makes my foundation apply smoother. It’s a silicone based primer and I have been using it with different foundations – it works in conjunction with all of them.
5. Australia – Gangsta Rap – This was one of the first lipsticks I ever bought when I started properly getting into makeup and it is one of my holy grail colours. I would describe Gangsta Rap (awesome name btw) as a magenta-violet similar to MAC’s Violetta. I haven’t tried Violetta but it’s in that bright pinky purple vein. The formula of this lipstick is lovely and creamy and contains Kakadu plum and vitamin C. The lipstick applies evenly and has outstanding pigmentation.
6. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Opal (Mini) – I cannot believe I haven’t mentioned this until now! I have had Opal since February and it is one of my favourite highlighters to wear. The smallest amount of product is all you need and I can see this mini size lasting a while. The gold colour isn’t stark against pale skin and would suit a range of skin tones.
Best of 2017 playlist:
What were your favourite things in December?