Summer is in full swing in New Zealand! February is usually our hottest month and the past couple of days have been particularly balmy. I haven’t done a makeup menu in a little while and I wanted to do one to coincide with summer and the warm weather we’ve been having. Peaches and corals have been my inspiration for this look and I have a few makeup products which fit the brief perfectly. I hope you enjoy this post!
Products listed in order of application:
1. Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser – This has been my go to moisturiser for a number of years and never lets me down.
2. Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel – This pencil is what I have been using to fill in my eyebrows for nearly a year now and there’s still plenty left!
3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist – I spritz this on my face after applying foundation to give my skin an extra little bit of moisture.
4. Max Factor CC Cream – 40 Fair – I purchased this CC cream from eBay and have only started using it recently. The colour match is spot on and the product feels nice and light on the skin which is what you want in summer. You don’t want to feel like you’re wearing lots of makeup.
5. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair – This concealer has become my holy grail. The coverage it provides is outstanding for the price point and the product is creamy and moisturising.
6. The Body Shop Swinging Silver Eye Palette – This palette is one of the key products for this look. I simply applied the peach shade all over the lid.
7. Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara – I applied one coat of volumising mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
8. Dainty Doll Powder Blush in 004 You Are My Sunshine – This is the second of three products that inspired this peach look. This blush is hands down my favourite and is a great dupe for NARS’ Orgasm.
9. MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Revved – I don’t think I’ve matched a peach eyes with a peach lip before but when I think about peach lips, this shade is the epitome of peach. It’s the perfect mix of pink and orange and the shade is natural yet everyday appropriate.
Chanelle’s Note: I didn’t apply powder as I wanted this look to be dewy and glowy.
What makeup products do you associate with summer? Do you have a go to look for the warmer months?