Literally on the first day of March I felt myself coming down with something. I had inflamed tonsils and a sore throat for most of the month and that resulted in two separate trips to the doctor and being prescribed two different antibiotics. I think I am finally on the mend now and getting back to ‘normal’.
I will be working from home over the coming weeks as New Zealand officially went into lockdown on March 26th for a minimum of four weeks. People are only supposed to leave home to pick up groceries, medication or if they are walking around the block for exercise. I hope everyone takes this period of self isolation seriously and thinks how their actions could impact others. It’s also important to be kind to yourself and find activities that make you feel good and keep you busy. If any of my blogging friends need a chat, I’m here.
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Absent Melange Short Sleeve T-shirt Pink – The weather is starting to cool down now as autumn is properly underway but over the past few months I have loved wearing this t-shirt. I picked it up on Boxing Day for $10 and it’s such a good basic. It’s actually a men’s t-shirt and I also picked up one in blue. The blue is an Extra Small and the pink is a Small as there was no Extra Small left. Both fit really nicely – they’re straight cut which suits my body shape and don’t cling. The length is good and I like how the sleeves are a little longer too.
2. Viva la Juicy La Fleur – I purchased this perfume in August 2019 and over the past few weeks it’s the one I’ve found myself reaching for the most. As I have been sick most of March I wanted something light for the days I was able to go to work and this fits the bill. Viva la Juicy is a nice fruity floral with notes of mandarin, wild berries, honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine with a creamy gourmand base. This is lighter and not as intense as the original VLJ if you’re curious about how it differs.
3. BECCA First Light Priming Filter – I got a 15ml deluxe sample of this in a BECCA travel set I purchased at the end of last year. This primer makes the skin lovely and dewy so if you have normal to oily skin or you like dewy foundations you’ll probably need a setting powder. I have used this primer several times throughout the month and I really enjoy it, the product feels lightweight yet hydrating on the skin. It soaks in quickly and all products sit on top of it nicely.
4. xoBeauty “The Heiress” False Lashes – I tried false lashes for the very first time this month and I wrote a post about my experience HERE. In February I purchased a couple of sets of lashes from xoBeauty and “The Heiress” lashes are the ones I was most excited to try! These lashes are medium length and give a beautiful curled, fluttery effect. The lashes look very natural on and feel incredibly lightweight. They were so easy to apply and I can’t wait to wear them again!
5. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 10 Nude Mauve – This blush is one of those staple shades everyone needs in their makeup collection. If you have medium to dark skin tones this colour may not show up well but for fair to light skin tones it is the perfect everyday blush! Nude Mauve is a brown-pink mauve with subtle shimmer and it can also be used to sculpt and highlight the cheekbones if you feel like skipping contour and highlighter.
- Early in the month I met up with a friend who’s also an ex work colleague. We caught up for food, had plenty of laughs and good conversation. She’s one of those people where I can be completely myself and I know she’s always got my back.
- Before the country went into lockdown I placed a final order with Dominos as I won’t be able to have takeaway food for a while. I don’t buy a lot of takeaways or food when I’m out but I wanted to get in while I had the chance.
March’s Spotify Playlist
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!