Hi everyone! I don’t do a lot of fashion posts on the blog but I felt like sharing some key pieces that make me think of Winter fashion and staying cosy and warm. I have been specific and selected each piece by colour. I associate certain colours with different months and tend to opt for certain styles depending on which month it is.
I have come up with two outfits, both smart-casual. The first is a little more glam and the second more everyday comfort. There are three common denominators, both include neck accessories, black boots (in different styles) and a berry lip! For the lipstick I picked one of my favourites, Rimmel 107!
1. Pink Bomber Jacket: Bomber jackets are all the rage and I recently picked up one similar to this style. Mine has got a satin-esque look and is more of a rose gold colour. The pinky, rosy hues would suit many people and keeps an outfit casual whilst smartening it up with a colour other than black.
2. Black Ponte Pants: Ponte pants remind me of leggings but thicker which is probably why I want a pair so much! I have tried to find a pair but because of my height the pants are too long for me. Ponte pants provide comfort and are a versatile item – they go with everything.
3. Black Velvet Choker: I am loving the choker trend lately. I am yet to try it myself but I like how they look on everyone else. The simple, black velvet chokers are the ones that catch my eye. I’d like to pick one up for myself at some point. The black choker ties in with the pants and the boots.
4. Black Boots: Black boots are one of my wardrobe staples but I prefer boots without high heels. I like flat, slip on boots that look good with pretty much anything and go with multiple outfits.
5. Rimmel 107 Lipstick: The perfect berry lipstick accompaniment. There’s enough black in this outfit to balance out the bold lip choice and I think it would team well with the pink hues of the bomber jacket.
1. Pastel Blue Knit Jumper: I bought a jumper this exact colour a couple of months ago and it is the most beautiful shade of blue. I find a lot of my jumpers are shades of blue so clearly I associate blue with winter. Not only do jumpers like this look beautiful but they are warm and cosy.
2. Denim Blue Jeans: Jeans are an absolute classic and I have more than one pair in my wardrobe. Jeans always look chic and a good quality pair of jeans can last for years. Multiple shades of blue together make the outfit match but not too much. For instance, light blue jeans wouldn’t work as well
3: Grid Blanket Scarf: For days a thick, cosy jumper isn’t enough, add a scarf! This black and white pattern breaks up the blue but still ties the outfit together. A blue scarf would be overkill. The tassels are so cute!
4: Black Chelsea Boots: Chelsea boots are a classic style. They are easy to slip on and off and survive the harsh winter days. Like the pair in outfit #1 these are flat and don’t have a heel.
5: Rimmel 107 Lipstick: I love wearing blue and red together, they contrast but not enough to clash. Berry and pastel blue are two of my favourite colours for winter.
Which outfit is your favourite?
What are your Winter fashion staples?