Authored Push Kit
Authored is Tanya Burr’s new makeup brand and I didn’t take much notice of the products at first until I started seeing some reviews and a few bloggers/YouTubers I follow sharing their thoughts on Instagram. In December I purchased the Push Kit which contains all four products the brand makes so far: tinted moisturiser, brow gel, mascara and lip balm. The idea of simple, effortless beauty drew me in and the products are good basics if you’re on the go and want something quick and easy or you want to look polished without putting on a full face.
1. Tinted Moisturiser – Shade 1 – Shade 1 is the lightest shade intended for those with light skin and neutral undertones. Not only did the shade description sound accurate for my skin tone but I figured if it was too light I can easily apply a bit of bronzer, better that than having a shade too dark. The formula is lightweight, on the runny side (I store my tube with the cap facing up) but very easy to blend into the skin and can be built up for more coverage. The product claims to give a soft matte, slightly dewy appearance and I agree, my skin looked like skin but with a healthy, natural glow. The product didn’t cling or settle into lines and other makeup applied nicely over the top.
2. Brow Gel – 1 Light Brown – I had never used a brow gel before so I had to look up how to apply one before doing my brows. Safe to say I needn’t have worried as it was very easy to apply and there was no excess product needing to be cleaned up. The colour is good, my brows are darker than my hair so it’s not hard to get a decent colour match I find. My brows still look natural which is what I like. Big thumbs up!
3. Mascara – When it comes to mascara I prefer natural bristle wands, a formula that is super black and gives length and volume. I don’t believe mascaras give an accurate representation of how they perform after one use so I tend to properly make up my mind after I’ve been using a mascara for a week or two. On first impressions this ticks the natural bristle wand, super black formula and length boxes but I would have liked more volume. Again, that may come once I’ve used it a bit more and the formula has got some air in it – I’m not disappointed by any means. The formula is on the drier side straight off the bat (which I also don’t mind) and it didn’t smudge or flake. It seems to layer nicely and not coat lashes with too much product at once. Looking forward to using this more to see if my thoughts change.
4. Lip balm – This was the product I was least excited to try but it worked out more worthwhile getting the kit and trying all products rather than buying two or three other items separately. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like this. Normally I don’t need to wear lip balm often and my lips don’t get dry but I can see myself reaching for this to pop on around home or dabbing over top of my lipstick which is what I did for this look. The lip balm isn’t thick or sticky. I’m not a fan of cherry but the scent doesn’t bother me and disppears after a minute or two.
Max Factor Creme Bronzer – Light Gold 05
Is this bronzer still a favourite in the blogging world? I would see this everywhere a few years ago and I don’t know anyone who isn’t a fan! I’ve owned this bronzer for a year or two now but wanted to pull it out as I’ve only worn it a handful of times and it is very pretty. I’m loyal to my Body Shop bronzer as that was in my project pan last year (which was abandoned due to Covid) but this is also a winner and one I’m happy to reach for. Despite having creme in the name this is a powder bronzer and creme refers to the Max Factor range the product is from. The flecks of shimmer don’t make the face look shiny and it’s the type of bronzer that is hard to apply too much of, which is a good thing. I was doing a quick Google search whilst writing this post and I don’t know if this is available anymore. I’d urge you to get in quick if you’ve been wanting to try this in case it’s gone!
Huda Beauty Rose Quartz Palette
Cool tones work better on me and they are what I gravitate towards most often. This is my first Huda Beauty product and I purchased a kit from Feel Unique also containing a zip around case, three eye brushes and a Silk Balm as a birthday present to myself. The day after the palette arrived I knew I wanted to play with it immediately. All of the shades are beautiful and for the first look I went for something rather simple and classic. I applied Radiate as a base shadow, used Precious to deepen the crease, went in with Energized on my finger and applied it all over the lid and placed Love Stone in the inner corner.
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick – 08 Pink In Confidence
I purchased this lipstick last year and had always wanted to try this formula, I’d heard many good things about how comfortable it is and how easy the shades are to wear. Pink In Confidence is a relatively neutral rosy pink with a subtle hit of colour. I am fair skinned and it looks pretty natural on me so it wouldn’t be the best for those with darker skin tones. I love bold, bright lip colours but wanted something on the neutral side from this formula as it is very soft and shiny and a bold colour would get messy. The lipstick is very balm-like without being thick and goopy and is super easy to apply. If you have dry lips this formula works well. The formula won’t have the longest wear time but it does wear evenly and will give you a decent number of hours before needing to reapply.
Other makeup used:
- Clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser
- Maybelline Pore Minimizing Primer
- L’Oreal More Than Concealer – 323 Fawn
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Double Gleam highlighter
- Max Factor Creme Puff blush – 10 Nude Mauve
- Pixi Rose Glow mist
The Finished Look
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of the finished look?