As bloggers and people in general we tend to talk about our achievements and things we have done. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems much more acceptable to discuss what we have tried rather than what we haven’t. In this post I will be sharing things I haven’t experienced as well as a couple of things I don’t see as negatives for having not done them.
1. Learn to ride a bike without training wheels – I know how to ride a bike with training wheels I just never graduated and got a big girl bike. I was a very small child and my mum worried I wouldn’t be strong enough to hold up and support the bike.
2. Tried avocado – I posted this fact on an Instagram story recently. Lately, it seems people around my age are obsessed with avocado and I’ve just never been interested to try it. Some people like the texture and others don’t so I’m on the fence.
3. Gone paintballing – I bruise like a peach and I don’t want my glasses to get damaged.
4. Worn eyeliner – I have tried believe me, but I cannot apply it to save my life.
5. Been late for work – Being late makes me anxious so I’d rather arrive with plenty of time to spare. It also shows you have a good work ethic.
6. Dyed my hair – I am extremely proud to be part of 2% of the world’s population that has red hair. My shade doesn’t come out of a bottle and so many kind people comment about how lovely the colour is.
7. Watched Game of Thrones – Shows like this aren’t my cup of tea.
8. Fallen over in heels – I don’t wear heels (though when I have I haven’t fallen).
9. Been financially compensated or sent free products for a blog post – This is something I don’t mind at all. I don’t discriminate against those who blog as a job and have received freebies but it’s not for me. I’m not saying I will never go down that route but in the 4 years I’ve been blogging it’s never occurred. I even wrote a whole post about why it’s okay not to get freebies *HERE*.
10. Received a bunch of flowers – Technically I have been given flowers but I’ve never had them purchased for me for a special occasion or as a present.
11. Had a hungover/been drunk – I don’t drink alcohol.
12. Had a holiday – I have visited other parts of NZ but I’ve never been out of the country or even had a short break away in NZ. For lots of families and children growing up they go on annual holidays or trips together but mine never did. I do want to explore and travel as it would be an entirely new experience.
13. Broken a bone – *Touches wood*
14. Liked seafood – I will eat battered fish from a fish and chip shop but that’s it! Prawns, oysters and all the shellfish make me flinch.
15. Donated blood – I have a slight phobia of needles. I am better than I used to be though. Maybe one day I will be brave enough.
What’s something you’ve never done?