Chanelle’s Note: This is the last ‘Meet the Blogger’ post of 2015 – a huge thank you to everyone that has been involved! To read more interviews and see past bloggers featured, click here.
Hello! My name is Siobhan, creator of the blog ‘Beauty and the Look’. I am 19 years old and I live in The UK. After enjoying many other beauty blogs and watching YouTube channels I decided it was time to make my own little blog. My blog is filled with beauty products, reviews, the odd fashion post and little snippets from my daily life.
1. When did you begin blogging?
I began earlier on this year in August. Just before that I tried using Blogger but it just wasn’t for me, I found using WordPress much better.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
While trying to think of blog names it just came to me!
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
As I mentioned I love reading other blogs and I decided it was something I wanted to try out myself.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
I love being able to choose what I am going to write about, taking all the pictures and putting everything together in a post. It’s just so fun and I really enjoy it.
5. What are your must read blogs?
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I am not really sure, I created this blog just because I loved the way other people’s blogs looked and I thought it would be fun to do. I really love writing so this is kind of like my hobby.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
- Write about the things that you love or things that you are interested in, not just what you think people want to read.
- Connect with other bloggers! That is definitely one of my favourite things because it is nice being able to talk to people that have the same interests as you.
- Set a schedule that suits you.
8. What keeps you blogging?
Just the simple fact that I love it! I love writing about my interests and planning out each post that I’m going to put together!
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
Talking Heads – This Must Be the Place
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Ariana Grande, Andrew Clutterbuck (Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead) and Matthew Baynton (Jamie/Ariel from You Me and the Apocalypse).
11. Favourite colour?
Pink… I am drawn to anything that is cute and pink. Although I don’t own much pink clothing…
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Mint clubs… it’s an addiction.
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…I had more mint clubs *sigh*
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d like to mention you haven’t already?
Thank you Chanelle for having me on your blog, it’s such a great idea to get to know other bloggers. I have enjoyed reading other ‘Meet the Blogger’ posts and I have found a selection of new blogs that I hadn’t seen before.
Thank you Siobhan. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact email@example.com.