Happy New Year everyone! I hope the first few days of 2019 have treated you well. Let me know how you celebrated in the comments – did you go out or stay in?
I always think it’s important to write a post like this at the start of the year so I can prepare my readers for what’s to come and run through any changes for the year ahead. Throughout December 2018 I started thinking about the direction for the blog and I knew I still want to write and share posts but I’m not sure how frequently that’s going to be. For the first month or so of 2019 I will be having a very relaxed posting schedule and mostly sharing when I feel like it. I want to have some time to immerse myself in the new year and get into the swing of things without having a strict three post a week promise to myself.
I still have a few post ideas in the pipeline and I will be creating a list of future ideas in my bullet journal. When I do post I will likely still be posting on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday, I find those days work well for me. I won’t be writing a Redhead Rambles update every week and I am unsure whether I will still share my daily highlights at the end of each month. Perhaps I could do a combination of the two and share any significant highlights and things that have happened at the end of each month or every two months. I am not unhappy with my past posts but I want to write quality rather than quantity. If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram (links at the bottom of the post) you will be able to keep up with me more regularly and see what I’m up to!
I was curious to see what my most popular posts from 2018 are, not only as a source of inspiration for 2019 content but to look back and reminisce.
1. Rimmel Match Perfection Two Years On – I am a little surprised this was the most popular but it shows beauty/makeup is what a lot of my readers are here for.
2. The Breakup 💔 – I am so proud of this post! I’m not bashing my ex or being disrespectful, I simply recounted what happened. Everyone left such thoughtful comments and I really felt the support.
3. 1,000 FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY! – Following closely behind is the giveaway I ran at the end of September for (finally) reaching 1,000 followers. Nadine was the lucky winner!
4. GRWM: Trying New Makeup – I loved this neutral look I created back in August. I used a MAC lipstick with possibly the cutest shade name ever, Hug Me.
5. 30 By 30 – A list of things I want to accomplish before turning 30. I’ve got just over 7 years left!
6. First Peek Inside My Bullet Journal – I fell in love with my bullet journal in 2018. In this post I share some of the first pages I created. The post also features a flick through YouTube video.
7. Blogger Cliches – This is not poking fun at bloggers, I share what the majority of us seem to do and love.
8. Current Thoughts & Feelings: Dating/Relationships – Personal, honest posts tend to do well and this post follows my mindset after the breakup.
9. Remembering Tango – It’s highly appropriate this post was the ninth most popular, Tango would have turned nine in October 2018. I’m glad she features as in a few days it will be one year since we lost her.
10. Decluttering My Beauty Drawer – I got rid of beauty products I didn’t like or use very often.
It’s important to look back but it’s also important to look forward and not stay in the past. I have four goals for 2019 and I thought I’d share them with you.
- Try not to buy any lipstick – This will be tough as lipstick is my favourite makeup product but I’d love to be able to say I did it!
- Make recipes from my Kmart cookbooks – I bought two cookbooks last year and haven’t made anything from them yet, I hope this changes.
- Read 50 books – I read 48 in 2018 so I don’t think this is impossible! I’m also taking into account I work slightly more hours now.
- Drive at least twice a month – During the last couple of months of 2018 my driving practice fell by the wayside so I’m hoping to get back into practising more regularly.
Over the coming weeks I may think of more goals but they are what I have for now.
I hope 2019 brings everyone lots of love, laughter and happiness! Cheers to the year ahead!