I kept everything as ‘normal’ as possible over the lockdown period and I did end up making a handful of online orders. I was in two minds about sharing the items as understandably a lot of people have gone quiet online and are being super mindful of the content they put out.
I do want to say I 100% purchase everything myself and I am in no way bragging. I was fortunate to be in a position to work from home and continue earning my salary. I am very much a saver and also go through periods of time where I don’t spend anything.
Since sampling Hourglass’ Veil Mineral Primer last year I have wanted the full size, but I held off as this primer is pricey. I purchased the 56ml tube (which is the largest size) as value for money wise it works out the best. This primer feels like silk on the skin and makes foundation apply like a dream over top. It has SPF15 in it too.
1. Round Face Brush – I didn’t need another foundation brush but I wanted to compare this to my Zoeva 104 Buffer Brush. These two brushes are bigger than my others and I tend to reach for them when my smaller foundations brushes are dirty. This brush is dense and by the time I’ve applied foundation my hand is sore from buffing but the finish it gives is nice and worth it.
2. Kelly Lip Pencil – I only own one other lip pencil but I thought this deep brown toned mauve would work nicely with MAC Viva Glam III and other nude/berry lipsticks in my collection.
3. False eyelashes – Since trying false lashes from xoBeauty in March I have been obsessed with how good they look and I wanted to pick up another couple of pairs in different styles:
“The Girl Next Door” were designed for the utmost natural girls in mind. These are lightweight, natural, and not too long. They are perfect for anyone with not a lot of eye space, or anyone with hooded eyelids. They have a zig-zag pattern that looks feminine and gorgeous!
“The Romantic” were designed for the girly girl who likes a bit of flirt, a bit of length, and a bit of volume! They are super full but do not take over your eyes, so they can be worn day or night. Tapered on the inner corner for comfort, and finished off with a beautiful flick and curve on the ‘Outer V’ to elongate your eye shape.
“The Glamourista” are ideal for any glamorous look! Even though they are slightly more dramatic, you can still get away with wearing them for any occasion, day or night, because they are so wispy and lightweight.
1. YSL – Black Opium – Since trying a sample of this perfume at the end of 2019 I knew I would pick up a full size eventually. Black Opium is a great everyday perfume or one for date nights – the main note is vanilla but it also has hints of coffee and it’s a very warm, sexy scent.
2. Concealers – Cream concealers are best for my dry skin and I want a back up option if I am unable to pick up Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealer – the brand is not widely available in New Zealand. I’ve always been curious to try Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Concealer and I’ve also heard Arna Alayne praise the L’Oreal Infallible More Than Concealer on her YouTube channel as a great full coverage option.
3. Revlon Diamond Shine Gel Envy Top Coat – This is the top coat I currently use and it is great so I picked up a backup. The width of the brush is perfect and the top coat spreads so easily. It gives a lovely shine to nail polish and doesn’t chip easily.
1. Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Gleam – Double Gleam is a liquid-powder highlighter that gives a luminous, well-defined finish and is described as a beige that breaks silver. As I carry out my challenge of using one eyeshadow palette and highlighter per month I’m learning what textures I like and what works best on my skin. I have a few highlighters in the same colour family as Double Gleam but ultimately I enjoy being a minimalist and only keeping products I really love. I’m hoping Double Gleam will allow me to let go of a couple of other products I don’t reach for as often.
2. Love Me Lipsticks in Hey, Frenchie! and Très Blasé – I mentioned I was curious to try these shades when I reviewed Laissez-Faire, (also from the Love Me Range). Hey, Frenchie! is a deep mauvey nude and Très Blasé is a light peachy beige. I ordered both of these from the same company but there was a stock issue with Très Blasé so I am waiting for an ETA to hear when it will ship. If it doesn’t come back into stock I will look at getting it from somewhere else. I thought I’d mention it here anyway as I do intend to buy it.
Wearing Hey, Frenchie!
3. MAC Peachlite Strobe Cream – A little while ago I finished up a 30ml tube of Strobe Cream in the original Pinklite shade. I did enjoy using the product as a glowy moisturiser with no makeup on weekends or as a primer before applying foundation. I was curious about a couple of other shades; Silverlite and Peachlite. Silverlite was out of stock so I opted for Peachlite. Peachlite has a peachy pink sheen and is the shade of Strobe Cream that is probably the most universal and will suit all skin tones. I’ve worn Peachlite a couple of times since it arrived and my skin feels extremely soft and moisturised.
4. MAC Fix+ Magic Radiance – I have used the original Fix+ in the past and since MAC launched Fix+ Magic Radiance I have wanted to try it. I suffer with dry skin and this product is supposed to be super hydrating. Magic Radiance is loaded with Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and essential oils. It aims to cool and soothe the skin, set makeup for extended wear and refresh lacklustre complexions. Fix+ is also great for spraying on your brush before applying eyeshadow or highlighter to make it more intense.
Hope you enjoyed seeing everything I’ve picked up recently! Have you treated yourself to anything during lockdown?