Winter has well and truly arrived! Getting up at 5:30am for work I really notice the cold mornings but I will admit New Zealand is lucky to still get sun in winter and to see the blue sky peaking through for the most part. June has felt extremely busy and I don’t know where the month has gone. I haven’t blogged a lot (but I still pop on and read posts and comment everyday) or read a lot. I don’t think I’ll make my Goodreads target of 50 books at this stage but I’m not going to dwell on it, I read because I enjoy it not to pressure myself and some days I simply don’t have time to read. I also broke my goal not to buy a lipstick in 2019 this month and I am a little disappointed. I’m not completely sold on the shade I purchased and I may end up passing it along. Even so, one lipstick for a whole year is good right?!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Revolution Lip Topper – Fortune – I purchased this lip topper at the end of April and over the past couple of months I’ve really been enjoying wearing it. Revolution released three lip topper shades, I swatched all three in store and this looked the most sparkly and the one I imagined would go with the most colours. This product can be worn on it’s own or on top of other lipsticks to add a natural shine and sparkle. This is extremely comfortable to wear (both ways) and isn’t sticky or gritty. This shade is also a dupe for the Fenty Beauty gloss bomb in Diamond Milk.
2. MAC Melon Pigment – I am surprised I haven’t mentioned this pigment in a favourites post before. I bought this pigment around six months ago secondhand and it was almost full. I would describe Melon as a peach-gold and not a shade that is difficult to pair with makeup looks. The gold tones down the orange/peach colour and makes for a somewhat neutral eye look. Without a doubt the pigment can be built up to add extra sparkle or used alongside other palettes. I love pairing this pigment with the Sol palette from Colourpop. This was one of the shades on my MAC pigment wishlist and I’m glad to have crossed this one off!
3. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter – Without a doubt Shea is probably my favourite scent from The Body Shop. I’ve been through a few small 50ml tubs of this body butter in the past but the texture was different. The texture of this 200ml tub is much softer and creamier. This product not only has the most gorgeous scent but it feels luxurious on the skin and soaks in so easily.
4. Antipodes Halo Skin Brightening Facial Mud Mask – Over the past few years I have used a mud/clay mask at least once a week as part of my self care routine and I like how they work with my skin. I make sure to go for a mask that doesn’t irritate my dry skin but makes it feel clean and has nourishing ingredients. I’d been looking at an alternative to a clay mask I was using from Natio and really liked the sound of this one. Antipodes is a New Zealand brand and one that I know is renowned for quality products. This mask features Vinanza Grape & Kiwi and peony petal and aims to brighten skin and improve skin’s appearance. The mask has a subtle scent but it isn’t offensive.
- The denim jacket from this haul had it’s first outing.
- Found a new purpose for one of my lighter coloured highlighters as a nice, glowy setting powder.
- Rented The Greatest Showman from work and finally got to see it. I enjoyed the movie.
- Went on a cute date and was given roses.
June’s Spotify Playlist:
How was your month? Share one of your highlights in the comments!