At the end of May I went to a Mexican themed quiz night with four work colleagues. We didn’t have to dress up but I knew I wanted to do bright, glowy makeup and incorporate colourful flowers into the look. The week prior to quiz night I purchased a headband with coloured flowers attached and it topped my makeup off beautifully. I kept my outfit simple wearing black pants and a black top and a black and white striped blanket wrap over top to look like a poncho. I absolutely adored the makeup I did and I hinted in a previous post about recreating the look and sharing it on the blog – I had a few requests to do so.
(Products have been categorised and listed in order of application under each cateogry).
- Simple Radiance Brightening Moisturiser – At the moment I’m working on finishing up this travel sized moisturiser from Simple. This particular moisturiser is lovely on my dry skin and it would be great if this was more readily available in New Zealand and came in a full size.
- Max Factor Smoothing Miracle Primer – Smoothing and moisturising, a pea sized amount of product is all that’s needed.
- Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in 100 Fair – My favourite foundation that I’ve tried to date, good coverage and a satin finish.
- Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer – 1 Fair – The concealer that works best for me! The pigmentation and creamy consistency pairs so well with the Max Factor foundation.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist – Not only does this smell good but it feels lovely on the skin and it keeps my makeup looking smooth and soft. This was the last product applied before my lip colour.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder – Light – I wanted my cheeks to look sculpted and chiseled, this shade is a perfect match for fair skin such as mine.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer – 01 Light Matte – This was dusted over the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and across my chin. I also applied this all over my eyelids to set the eye primer and act as a base shade.
- Dainty Doll Blush – 004 You Are My Sunshine – A dupe for NARS Orgasm. I need such a small amount of this blush as it is very pigmented but it gives a lovely flush to the cheeks. I applied this with a big fluffy brush and really concentrated application between my highlighter and contour.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed – Opal – I have always been a fan of this highlighter but over the past few weeks I’ve been having a real moment with it! The glow it gives in combination with the blush makes my skin look super glowy and healthy and the formula is like butter.
- Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in 002 Hazel – Used this to fill in my brows.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – This really does make a difference to the longevity of my eye makeup.
- Colourpop Sol Palette – OOO was applied through the crease and lightly over my eyelids before using my ring finger to apply Floaties all over.
- MAC Melon Pigment – Melon was applied over top of Floaties to add extra sparkle and to tie the orange tones from the Sol palette in with the peachy-gold blush.
- L’Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara – I tried Lash Paradise last year and loved it! I picked up Paradise Extatic (The European/NZ version) to compare the two and so far so good. Lashes appear dark and fluttery and the mascara provides good coverage in one coat but I still apply two!
- NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream – Fuchsia Fusion – My favourite shade of lip colour to wear and all the glitz and glam I needed!
The Final Look:
What do you think of this makeup look? Have you created any looks recently that you can’t get enough of, if so what products did you use?